PDA

View Full Version : NEW FORUM RULES! All Must Read.

PhilDernerJr
2007-12-02, 10:43 PM
All,

This site has been around for a few years now, and as you know, we've grown a lot. Until now, our rules were fairly vague. Over the past couple of months, we've had a few issues arise, and I realized it's time that we firm up our official rules so we can protect our members so we can have a comfortable, productive and fun community for all to enjoy.

They can be read here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9398 (http://nycaviation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9398)

I ask that all of you read through these new rules as soon as possible. Be advised that there are several rule changes that we will be easing into this coming week as well. Please review the rules pertaining to images and content in signatures, the posting of articles and the posting of photos in threads, to familiarize yourself with them. Newer rules will be enforced starting Monday, December 10.

I also want you all to know that moderators are going to be re-trained over the coming weeks with new moderator rules and procedures. We have had a couple issues in the past here as well, and all fault lies with me, as I've not created revised guidelines that are clear enough for the moderator team to manage and maintain such a fast-growing member base. Though you should not see anything in public as this happens, please be patient during this transition.

In a couple weeks, we will also be posting a "Forum Etiquette" reference as well. These will be tips for people on how to act and perform here on our forum. They will not to be requirements or rules, but pointers and methods that we strongly urge members to follow. Some people here are either new to the internet or to our community, and we want all to be familiar with our online operation, so to prevent confusion, shorten the adaption process, and avoid conflict.

Though this is a big move, little is different. Very few of you will need to change how you post and enjoy the site. The goal with both of these new rules and procedures is to remove the gray areas we previously had. We will be firm with our rules, but they may be modified as we move forward, and you will be notified of such. As with any growing community, this will always be a work in progress.

Again, please read through the new rules, and post your comments and questions here, in PM to me, or by email at [email protected].

Thank you all so much for your attention and support. I hope you all enjoy the progress and effort that our staff puts into this site.

-Phil Derner, Jr.