PDA

View Full Version : Time for Helen Thomas to retire (Presidential Press Briefing

Midnight Mike
2007-12-02, 06:34 PM
Take her seat away, she is not there to give her opinion :x

[youtubetp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVxHwHnFz6c&eurl=http://hotair.com/archives/2007/11/30/helen-thomas-pwned-by-dana-perino/[/youtube
Q [Thomas] (off mike): Why should we depend on him?

MS. PERINO: Because he’s the commander on the ground, Helen. He’s the one who is making sure that the situation –

Q (off mike): — You mean how many more people we kill?

MS. PERINO: Helen, I find it really unfortunate that you use your front-row position bestowed upon you by your colleagues to make such statements. It is an honor and a privilege to be in the briefing room, and to suggest that we as the United States are killing innocent people is just absurd and very offensive.

Q: Do you know how many we have since the start of the war?

MS. PERINO: How many — we are going after the enemy, Helen. To the extent that any innocent Iraqis have been killed, we have expressed regret for it.

Q :Well, regret it doesn’t bring back a life.

MS. PERINO: Helen, we are in a war zone, and our military works extremely hard to make sure that everyone has the opportunity for liberty and freedom and democracy, and that is exactly what they’re doing.

Q (off mike): — Oh, regret. It doesn’t bring back a life.

MS. PERINO: I’m going to move on.

T-Bird76
2007-12-02, 07:24 PM
Yeah I think her age has caught up to her. She's been totally out of her mind for the last year with this opinion **** of hers. Kick the old bag to the curb and let her retire to Boca.

NIKV69
2007-12-04, 01:19 AM
I think Perino did a great job handling her. I love how Thomas tried the "don't the people have a say on the war" crap. They had a say in 04' and they spoke. Then after she got shot out of the sky on that one she starts with the how many people we kill crap. I am surprised code pink didn't burst into the room at that point. This rhetoric is so old when are they going to give it up.