PDA

View Full Version : NY/NJ WX DELAYS ???

NYARTCCFAN
2007-12-02, 09:40 AM
So gang being here in Tampa where it will be 84 today how are things looking up north in the Mix bag going on there. First winter blast is always the worse !!!!!!!!!

cancidas
2007-12-02, 10:47 AM
31 minutes from pushback to taxi off my deicing pad... :evil:

Gerard
2007-12-02, 12:08 PM
Went out to walk the dogs at 7:30Am and a nice (and pretty) coating of snow out here in eastern Nassau County. Right now, 11:05AM, it's 22 degrees and snowing lightly. Virtually no wind so it doesnt feel so bad. But they say the worse is yet to come as temps move up and we have a period of freezing rain followed by a steady cold rain. Great day to do NOTHING!! Actually except for my sons hockey game at 3PM that is exactly what I have planned. Football and TCM movies on my DVR.

AJ
2007-12-03, 05:22 AM
Hey Guys,

I took CO784 out tonight, EWR-PDX, 737-800, a/c 273. Late boarding, departed the gate about 25 minutes late...couldn't get the jetway off, waited for the alleyway to clear, pushback got stuck in snow/ice (15 minutes). We taxied out and were #12 for departure, much better than I expected. Airborne at 2015, 1840 scheduled, arrived Portland, OR at 1130 local. Heavy wind and rain here in Portland at higher levels, moderate at ground level. Just glad not to be cancelled. :borat: Florida.... damn.... :evil:

Regards,

AJ

kc2aqg
2007-12-03, 03:02 PM
I flew Delta 82 yesterday from FLL-JFK. The aircraft was late arriving into FLL from JFK by about 25 minutes. However, after some announcements by the gate agent to expedite boarding to help those with int'l connections at JFK, we were off the gate only 20 minutes late. After a quick taxi out, we took off and had a relatively smooth flight. No holding patterns or strange vectors during our descent, we had an relatively straight in approach to 4L. However, once we landed, we had to taxi all the way around the airport (from the Golf taxiway all the way around to MA) waiting for the MA alleyway to open up which took about a half hour. We landed about 25 minutes early though, so we got to the gate within 5 minutes of scheduled arrival. Deicing ops were in full effect at JFK, and you could see lots of bucket trucks and queues building up, though planes were steadily taking off and landing on the 4's and 31L. I later saw that the reason the MA alleyway was blocked is because the departures from T1 deice in the MA and N alleyways. As one clears, they allow arrivals into the gates, and then push back the next aircraft from T1 and deice in the alleyway. It seemed fairly chaotic, but our flight wasn't affected by it much. You can't complain about an on-time arrival, especially at JFK!

Gerard
2007-12-03, 08:31 PM
>arrived Portland, OR at 1130 local. Heavy wind and rain here in Portland at higher levels, moderate at ground level.<

Just saw a report about Seattle and the whole NW area. Tremendous rains, floods and winds over
100!!!!!! MPH!!