PDA

View Full Version : My first Christmas tree!

Mellyrose
2007-12-02, 09:23 AM
We got it yesterday! It's my first tree of my own....and our first together in our home. It's a 7.5 foot real Balsam Fir, and once we've decorated it, I'll post photos. I'm soooo excited! :)

emshighway
2007-12-02, 11:57 AM
Congrats. Remember to water it and for safety keep a fire extinguisher near by.

Mellyrose
2007-12-02, 12:56 PM
I'm a fire safety freak so we're keeping a close eye on it, and we bought an extinguisher yesterday as well, since we'd been meaning to anyway....we figured it would be a good time to do that.

Midnight Mike
2007-12-02, 06:25 PM
We got it yesterday! It's my first tree of my own....and our first together in our home. It's a 7.5 foot real Balsam Fir, and once we've decorated it, I'll post photos. I'm soooo excited! :)

Make sure to keep your windows & doors closed, the Rabbi posse will be heading to your place to chop down that Christmas tree & make it a Hanukkah bush :lol:

Mellyrose
2007-12-02, 08:32 PM
So we're not totally done (waiting for a few ornaments to arrive), but it's pretty close!

We took a tree looking like this just about 24 hours ago:

http://www.nycaviation.com/hosting/tree3.jpg

To this!

http://www.nycaviation.com/hosting/tree1.jpg
http://www.nycaviation.com/hosting/tree2.jpg

hiss srq
2007-12-02, 08:48 PM
Impressive. Can I come over and climb it ? :twisted: My house is no place near ready for the holiday season. I am hanging sheetrock on the ceilling at night when I finish work.

T-Bird76
2007-12-02, 09:03 PM
Very Very NICE! Lots of lights! Lights make the tree. Congrats guys!

mirrodie
2007-12-02, 09:05 PM
Cool. Will look even better with gifts underneath. :mrgreen:

Mellyrose
2007-12-02, 09:30 PM
Thanks! Yes....the gifts will make it look nicer :-P

Phil doesn't want me to put his underneath there because he thinks he'll know what they are. So instead, we'll just put the ones we buy for everyone else underneath. :)

PhilDernerJr
2007-12-02, 09:31 PM
Thanks guys! This is very exciting for me. This is the first time, even after I've moved out, that I've had a tree outside of my parents' house.

I also never had a real tree before. So picking it out, caring for it and all this stuff is completely new to me.

Mel and I got a lot of balls to decorate it with, but not too many ornaments, as we'd like to slowly build up ornaments that mean something to us as each year goes on.

In the end, I like how it turned out. I didn't think it would end up as nice as it did. The photos don't really do it justice.

Mellyrose
2007-12-02, 09:32 PM
Very Very NICE! Lots of lights! Lights make the tree. Congrats guys!

Tell me about it. EVERYONE was telling us we'd only need about 3 or 4 strings of 100 for a 7-8 foot tree, which is what we got....

....meanwhile, we wound up using 900. :borat: We went through 400 before we were done with 25% of it!

T-Bird76
2007-12-02, 09:36 PM
Thanks! Yes....the gifts will make it look nicer :-P

Phil doesn't want me to put his underneath there because he thinks he'll know what they are. So instead, we'll just put the ones we buy for everyone else underneath. :)

Oh yeah your can't do that Mel! You have to wait for Christmas! That's what I do I put the gifts I got for other people under my tree.

nwafan20
2007-12-03, 11:49 PM
Congrats on your first tree!!!