PDA

View Full Version : LGA Mon 3rd Dec

runway24
2007-11-26, 08:53 PM
Hi folks,a family trip sees me back in NY this weekend.I will be breaking away for a day at LGA Spotting on Monday.It's a number of years since I was last there.Can anyone tell me the best way to get to the airport from Manhatten,I am assuming there is an express bus,but I am unsure if there is a rail or subway link.Any help much appreciated.
Many thanks

Paul

coloneltigh
2007-12-01, 03:30 PM
Kinda depends on which spotting site you want to go to. In no particular order:

Planeview Park - Take the 7 train to 74th St/Junction Blvd and take the Q33 bus to LGA. Get off the bus when you see a bus depot (bus turns onto 23rd Ave). You also take the E, F, R, V to Roosevelt Ave (which is connected to the 7 train stop)

Grand Central Pedestrian Bridge - Take the 7 train to 111th St or Main St. Take the Q48 bus to LGA. Get off bus at 29th Ave and Ditmars Blvd. The bridge is right there.

I've personally taken both routes when I fly out of LGA. In fact, some tourists ask for directions on the 7 train on my way home from work yesterday.

markg
2007-12-02, 12:59 AM
If you just want to go to the terminal, there is an express bus from Port Authority, Grand Central and Penn Station.

PhilDernerJr
2007-12-02, 09:03 AM
Colonel, good tis there. Welcome to the site!

For some more information, have a look here: http://nycaviation.com/lgaspotting

coloneltigh
2007-12-02, 09:37 AM
Sorry, for the Grand Central directions, you should get off at 27th Ave not 29th Ave.

Also, if you wanted to get to Planeview Park from the GC bridge, you could get back on the Q48. Take it to 94th St and get off the bus. Walk up the hill (away from the airport) one block, turn right on 23rd Ave and Planeview Park is right past the aviation school on the right.