2007-11-25, 08:42 PM
didn't know you were on here ngreed. -AirTranAirwaysFan

ngreed
2007-11-25, 09:36 PM
didn't know you were on here ngreed. -AirTranAirwaysFan

I posted an intro in The Galley.

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2007-11-26, 05:02 PM
AirTran is really a great airline. From my observation, their on time performance is very good. Not to mention they have a nice fleet.

ngreed
2007-11-27, 06:00 PM
AirTran is really a great airline. From my observation, their on time performance is very good. Not to mention they have a nice fleet.

I agree this will be my 3rd trip with them, and I do not have any complaints, they are on time for the most part and the crew has always been nice.

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2007-12-19, 09:39 AM
You getting ready for your trip? Just three days and counting.

ngreed
2007-12-19, 07:03 PM
You getting ready for your trip? Just three days and counting.

Yes I sure am, it will feel good to go home for Christmas and get a much needed break from the flying and studying.

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2007-12-19, 10:20 PM
Keep counting down. You will be airborne soon enough!
Have a great trip!

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2007-12-22, 11:23 AM
Happy flying!

ngreed
2007-12-25, 10:57 AM
Flight: FL 932
Departure – Destination: JAX - ATL
Depart: 1636 Actual: 1700
Arrive: 1745 Actual:
Aircraft: 717-200
Flight Crew Names:
Gate: B3 JAX C18 ATL
Seat #: 22A
Aircraft Registration: N924AT

Description: I left at 1300 for the airport, and got there in about 30 minutes and then got through security by 1400. My flight does not leave until 1636, so that gave me some time to walk around and check out the other terminals. Unfortunately there were no good photo opportunities, so I made my way back to B3 to start this report and Study for my instrument written test. At about 1640 the plane showed up and then it only took about 10 minutes before it was time for us to board. Boarding seemed to go relatively quickly considering they had several wheelchairs to get on, and the fact that it was a full flight. We pushed back at 1700 and taxied to runway 7 for departure. After waiting for a NW Airbus A319 to land we were cleared for takeoff. We had a smooth ride to ATL, and only about 40 minutes in the air, and the flight attendants still got a full drink service done. During the cruise I was listening to the XM Radio which is a nice feature on FL flights. Soon enough it was time to start the decent into ATL. We landed on runway 10 in ATL and then had a relatively long taxi to the ramp. Once we deplaned, I discovered that my fight to FNT would be on the same aircraft, so there was no need to go to another gate, so I just waited for about 15 minutes for everyone do deplane and for the flight crew to change, and then we were allowed to board for the flight to FNT.

Flight: FL 246
Departure – Destination: ATL - FNT
Depart: 1845 Actual:
Arrive: 2040 Actual: 2100
Aircraft: 717-200
Flight Crew Names:
Gate: C18 ATL 4 FNT
Seat #: 22F
Aircraft Registration: N924AT

Description: Boarding once again took longer due to the fact that there was even more wheelchairs on this flight. Once everyone had boarded, the captain came on and introduced himself, his FO and the FA’s, which I had already met on the last flight, he then apologized for the delay and stated that he thought we would be able to make up some time in the air and that we should be arriving at FNT right around 2100. The FA’s then did the safety demo and we were on our way. We taxied to 8R, where we were about number 10 for departure, so we had a few minute wait. Soon enough we were airborne for the flight to flint, cruse altitude was FL330. The flight started out smooth, but as we got closer to FNT, we started running into turbulence. Good service from the FA’s once again, and I listened to XM radio for most of the flight. The decent into FNT was a smooth one, and we had a smooth landing on 18. The Captain was dead on with his time estimate, we landed at 2100 exactly, and were on the gate by 2108. I then made my way off the plane and out to meet my parents who were there to pick me up. Overall 2 great flights with FL again, I would highly recommend them to anyone. I hope everyone enjoyed reading this report, Comments welcome.

Check this link for pictures http://picasaweb.google.com/ngreed/JAXATLFNT122207

ngreed
2007-12-28, 01:08 PM
Return flight to JAX

Flight: 266
Departure – Destination: FNT - ATL
Depart: 0525 Actual: 0545
Arrive: 0729 Actual: 0738
Aircraft: 737-700
Flight Crew Names: Capt Alberto Alvero F.O. Randy
Gate: 4 FNT D6 ATL
Aircraft Registration: N285AT

Description: 0345 wakeup for the 0530 departure, I was off to the airport by 0400 and arrived at the airport at 0430, Said goodbye to my Mom and then was off to security. The line at security was long and was not moving fast, it took almost ½ hr to get through security. Once I was through security I made my way to the gate, where the flight was already boarding. Once everyone was onboard, the FA’s did the safety demo and then we pushed back at 527 and had to be deiced just a bit, during this, the captain came on and introduced himself, his F.O. and the F.A.’s, and gave us the details about the flight and the weather at ATL. We then taxied to runway 9, where we had to wait for about 5 minutes or so for departure. The takeoff roll was smooth and we reached our cruse altitude of FL380. The FA’s got a good drink service done and the flight was smooth. We landed on Runway 9R and turned off the Runway at N7 and Taxied to our gate D6. Overall a good flight.

Flight: 927
Departure – Destination: ATL - JAX
Depart: 0915 Actual: 0925
Arrive: 1019 Actual: 1038
Aircraft: 737-700
Flight Crew Names:
Gate: C7 ATL B2 JAX
Aircraft Registration:

Description: I had over 2 hours before my flight departed for JAX, so I made my way over to gate C7, and was disappointed that there was no windows overlooking the ramp. There was another flight departing from this gate before my flight, so the gate area was buisy. I decided to take time to study for my Instrument written test. Before long it was time to board for the flight to JAX, boarding did not take that long and then the captain came on and informed us he was going to wait for some late bags from another flight and that we would be underway shortly. After about 15 minutes or so, we pushed back and the FA’s did the safety demo and we started to taxi to runway 9L for departure. WE were number 6 for departure. Once we departed it was a smooth clime up to FL260. The FA’s got the drink service done in record time once again, and we had a smooth ride to JAX. We landed on runway 7 at JAX and taxied to gate B2. On my way off the aircraft, I stopped and asked the captain if I could look in the flight deck. He gladly agreed, he immediately started to ask me about my ratings, and I told him that I was going to ATP, he said he had herd of that program. He also was talking about what a nice aircraft the 717 is. After about 5 minutes, the gate agent came in and said that they were ready to board for the next flight, the aircraft was headed back to ATL, so I said thanks to the captain and went on my way. Overall another good trip, and I must say it was nice to be back in the FL weather. Questions/Comments welcome. Pictures here http://picasaweb.google.com/ngreed/FNTATLJAX122707

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2007-12-28, 08:42 PM
my comments are on Guru.