PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Party?

hiss srq
2007-11-25, 08:01 PM
Has anyone grabbed the bull by the nads and started planning or does anyone have some ideas for it? Midpoint location etc?

PhilDernerJr
2007-11-25, 09:57 PM
I'm up for a dinner. It sounds biased, but I think a Queens location would be well-centered for our friends.

Any ideas on an eatery that can accommodate that's accessible by both car and mass transit?

T-Bird76
2007-11-25, 10:34 PM
I'd be down for something. Best weekend for me would be the 15 and 16th. Doesn't matter where for me.

mirrodie
2007-11-25, 11:19 PM
Don't matter where for us either.

I'd recommend something in Bayside. Many good eats there and accessible to LIRR and subway.

Further, I'd like to recommend a restaurant with muted tones. Something that won't be so loud that you feel like you're working the clubs.

PhilDernerJr
2007-11-25, 11:26 PM
There are several good spots in Bayside. just let me know which subway goes there and I'm in. :?:

Mellyrose
2007-11-25, 11:33 PM
Maybe he means the restaurant Subway? (scratches head)

mirrodie
2007-11-25, 11:34 PM
There are several good spots in Bayside. just let me know which subway goes there and I'm in. :?:

Actually I meant to say Woodside would be accessible to both. (pardon my euphoric state, just back from the St Johns game)

Bayside/Bell blvd could word buti'd guess you could do the 7 to Flushing, then what? LIRR to Bayside?

I love Forest Hills but can't think of suitable restaurants there.

Here's a random thought......just a thought.....

Figs at LGA?

PhilDernerJr
2007-11-25, 11:37 PM
I honestly wish Figs was a little nicer in terms of decor. I don't think it's a great place to have an event.

Getting to Bayside from the 7 would require a 30+minute ride on the Q13/16/28.

Woodside has a lot of Irish bars, but I'm not too familiar with their restaurants. I'm up for whatever, as long as time and wallet allow.

cloud_grazer
2007-11-25, 11:50 PM
donovan's at bayside :borat:

T-Bird76
2007-11-25, 11:57 PM
Def not Figs, even though the food is good and the views are great, you have to pay for parking at LGA and its not an event kind of place.

stuart schechter
2007-11-26, 02:15 AM
Could we possibly do it the Week after the 14-15, and i mean the 22-23? Even remotely possible?

PhilDernerJr
2007-11-26, 06:18 AM
The 22-23 weekend does not work for me. :(

adam613
2007-11-26, 12:27 PM
Bayside is very accessible by LIRR...trains every half hour from Penn Station, and the fare is only $3 on the weekend. If people know a good place near the LIRR station (41st Ave near Bell Blvd), that's probably a good option.

The only place I can think of in Forest Hills that I'd expect to accomodate a big group is Santa Fe Steakhouse. It's on 70th Rd between Austin St and Queens Blvd. I ate there once; the food wasn't bad. Not terrific, but not bad. Very easy to get to no matter your mode of transportation.

Mellyrose
2007-11-26, 12:55 PM
I just think that we should look at places more accessible by subways, considering that most people coming from Long Island will be coming in vehicles, and the people depending on public transportation will likely be closer to subways than LIRR.

Like Phil said, not to be biased, but Astoria really is a very good central location. It's right off the Grand Central/BQE/Queensboro Bridge/Triboro Bridge....so pretty much anyone coming from any direction can get there easily.

I know of several restaurants that can accommodate larger parties and have very good reviews. Once we have a count on approximately how many people and a location, I could start looking into this.

lijk604
2007-11-26, 01:18 PM
22-23 is not good for me, 15-16 would work. Of course, I'm partial to LI being I live the farthest out, but, depending the day & location, I would be up for the drive.

Mellyrose
2007-11-26, 01:23 PM
Just a reminder that we do have people coming from New Jersey as well and Long Island would be very inconvenient for them. I WOULD suggest Manhattan if it weren't such a mess with traffic and parking, so that's why I'm saying Queens would be our best bet. If someone thinks there's a more central location (which is accessible by subway) for people from NJ, Bronx, Manhattan, LI and Brooklyn to meet than Queens, I'm honestly all ears. I don't want anyone to think I'm just saying it because I live there.

hiss srq
2007-11-26, 02:41 PM
Would oceanside be good? I know a Portugese resteraunt there that is FANTASTIC. If you can take the train to Long Beach I could make travel arrangements and my girlfriend would surely help. Now if I coul get her to join the site!

Mellyrose
2007-11-26, 02:43 PM
All I'm saying is that even if we DO have a ride, we're trying to consider people who want to come from places like New Jersey, and Oceanside would tack a good amount of time onto a ride for them. :)

hiss srq
2007-11-26, 03:09 PM
Oh, I see. Sorry skim reading again.

jran225
2007-11-26, 08:09 PM
I was already thinking of heading up to New York on the weekend of the 15th to visit some friends in Jersey and get some spotting in, so this would work quite nicely. Obviously I don't have any suggestions for eating locations....any place with a good, warm food works for me. :D Keep us updated about final decisions on time/place. Would be great to see everybody again.

Greets,
-Omar S.

hiss srq
2007-11-26, 09:44 PM
I and the better half are both allergic to seafood (How convient) so that is a prefrence for me if we can set a date and I can make it. Tuesday and Wed. Always work best for me and Saturday night after 8 P.M. is always a plus as well.

mirrodie
2007-11-26, 10:47 PM
I WOULD suggest Manhattan if it weren't such a mess with traffic and parking, so that's why I'm saying Queens would be our best bet.

I have an easier time with parking in the city than in Queens. Plus NJT, LIRR and Subway into Manhattan means no one MUST drive. YMMV

I was going to show the Zagat rated restaurants for Woodside, Bayside and ...Astoria.
But too long a list.

Bayhouse near JFK comes to mind.

There is this nice venue near Union Square that comes to mind, German place really nice for the holidays.... have to look that up.

Maybe we can rent a big Red Bus and have a party on the roof top while driving around NYC.

Those are my thoughts.
gotta jet,
M

hiss srq
2007-11-26, 10:51 PM
I WOULD suggest Manhattan if it weren't such a mess with traffic and parking, so that's why I'm saying Queens would be our best bet.

I have an easier time with parking in the city than in Queens. Plus NJT, LIRR and Subway into Manhattan means no one MUST drive. YMMV

I was going to show the Zagat rated restaurants for Woodside, Bayside and ...Astoria.
But too long a list.

Bayhouse near JFK comes to mind.

There is this nice venue near Union Square that comes to mind, German place really nice for the holidays.... have to look that up.

Maybe we can rent a big Red Bus and have a party on the roof top while driving around NYC.

Those are my thoughts.
gotta jet,
M

Or Phil can come through on his promise of a Tristar rental for the night. ;)

PhilDernerJr
2007-11-26, 11:04 PM
I'm sure we can find a good place, but my opinion is that Manhattan is the worst decision. We had an event there and it was very difficult for many people to get there. Most Manhattan restaurants require booking a "party" for reservations over 10 or 12, which is a whole other issue. :?

Bayhouse is a good one, but still tough for people who use public transportation.

I still think Bayside, Astoria and maybe even parts of Flushing would be good.

emshighway
2007-11-27, 10:33 AM
donovan's at bayside :borat:

They changed hands, while it is still named Donovans there are different owners. They were going through a million dollar renovation. I don't know if they are back open.

emshighway
2007-11-27, 10:38 AM
Woodside:
Donovan's
Roosevelt & 58 St (7 train to 61st Street)

Sunnyside:
Sidetracks
Queens Blvd & 45 St (7 train to 46 St)

Astoria
PortoBella
43 St & Ditmars (Q101 down steinway)

Jackson Hole
Astoria & 71 St (??)

T-Bird76
2007-11-27, 10:48 AM
Ok this is getting a bit overcomplicated...Zagat rated....allergic to this and that, public transportation... If people want to come they'll come, I don't think any of us with cars have ever said no to someone who needed a ride to an event or get together. Why not simply pick a TGI Friday's kind of place. Its inexpensive, no reservations, ppl can come and go as they please, minor friendly, there's something on the menu for everyone, and there's about a million of them located around the metro area. Why not pick one near JFK or LGA and be done with it.

njgtr82
2007-11-27, 11:33 AM
Ok this is getting a bit overcomplicated...Zagat rated....allergic to this and that, public transportation... If people want to come they'll come, I don't think any of us with cars have ever said no to someone who needed a ride to an event or get together. Why not simply pick a TGI Friday's kind of place. Its inexpensive, no reservations, ppl can come and go as they please, minor friendly, there's something on the menu for everyone, and there's about a million of them located around the metro area. Why not pick one near JFK or LGA and be done with it.

Agreed, but what dates are you guys looking at?

T-Bird76
2007-11-27, 11:36 AM
I say either Dec 14th, 15th or Dec 28th or 29th (still the holiday season.)

mirrodie
2007-11-27, 12:04 PM

Well I only threw out Zagat when Figs was turned down as an option. My line of thought is that anywhere in/near an airport is fine, since most/all of us go to airports to spot anyway. Makes sense. Therefore I seriously doubt anyone will have a problem with a rendezvous at/near/in LGA or JFK.

Having said that, my only wish is we avoid TGIFriday/AppleBee's. They are usually loud venues and I think a cozy atmosphere where we can chat would be nice. Bayhouse does sound fine especially, as Tom said, carpooling won't be an issue.

Too bad mimi doesnt have a Queens outpost. They are a perfect venue regarding ambiance.
(Maybe she has as sister? ;) )

T-Bird76
2007-11-27, 12:36 PM
Ok here's another suggestion...Why doesn't someone (one person) take the lead on this, select a place, date, and time.. People like it that's great, people don't like it to bad. By the time people agree it will be the 4th of July at this point. You know generally when these post are started the person who starts them takes the lead...(hint hint....Ryan.....)

mirrodie
2007-11-27, 12:55 PM
Ryan, take the bull by its horns!!!!

And bring your sister this time :mrgreen:

Mellyrose
2007-11-27, 03:22 PM
I plan things like this for my job. If you guys trust me, I'm happy to work alongside someone to do this (I think it would be better to have 2 people working on it than one, for collaborative and logistical reasons). I enjoy planning events and since we're not doing Manhattan, we don't have to worry about party spaces (like last year).

What we absolutely DO need (regardless of who is planning) is a date and headcount.

T-Bird76
2007-11-27, 03:36 PM
I plan things like this for my job. If you guys trust me, I'm happy to work alongside someone to do this (I think it would be better to have 2 people working on it than one, for collaborative and logistical reasons). I enjoy planning events and since we're not doing Manhattan, we don't have to worry about party spaces (like last year).

What we absolutely DO need (regardless of who is planning) is a date and headcount.

Ok taking the bull by the horns here....the night of Sat Dec 28th. Its still the holidays, far enough out right now if ppl need to request off, Xmas shopping will be done, work Xmas parties will be over, and if the WX is nice people can combine a spotting day into it to.

Mellyrose
2007-11-27, 03:46 PM
Ok, December 28th it is. Now, please post yay or nay so I can get a headcount ASAP.

adam613
2007-11-27, 03:47 PM
Nay. My flight from FLL on the 28th doesn't arrive until almost midnight.

Matt Molnar
2007-11-27, 03:50 PM
Yay.

eric8669
2007-11-27, 03:51 PM
Can't make it on the 28th. Will be away Christmas week, any chance of making it the weekend of the 15th?

Eric

PhilDernerJr
2007-11-27, 03:53 PM
I second the weekend of the 15th.

Mellyrose
2007-11-27, 03:55 PM
I'm not getting involved with the date selection, just the planning of the venue, etc - I can do either date though....

Let's see who can do the 28th and who can do the 15th and then we'll pick, ok? I need replies!

T-Bird76
2007-11-27, 03:56 PM
Yay for the 28th.

moose135
2007-11-27, 03:56 PM
I should be able to make either date.

adam613
2007-11-27, 03:57 PM
By the way, the 28th is a Friday. That Saturday is the 29th.

Iberia A340-600
2007-11-27, 03:57 PM
I'll be in Chicago on the 28th so the 15th works better for my dad and I.

Matt Molnar
2007-11-27, 03:58 PM
28th = Yay
15th = Yay + guest

T-Bird76
2007-11-27, 04:00 PM
I meant the 29th....The next time anyone of us bitches about our Gov't trying to get things done we need to remember this thread....LOLOL

lijk604
2007-11-27, 04:10 PM
29th - I'm in.
15th - I'm 95% sure I'm in.

Mellyrose
2007-11-27, 04:18 PM
Ok, since the 28th is actually a Friday, I am now saying the 15th for myself as well. I think the 15th will be it since the majority of our members can only make it that day.

NOW, let's start over. Who's in for the 15th? Yay or nay? This IS the final date! DECEMBER FIFTEENTH TWO THOUSAND AND SEVEN.

Matt Molnar
2007-11-27, 04:20 PM
YAY + 1

jran225
2007-11-27, 04:22 PM
YAAAAAYY! :D

Greets,
-Omar S. (who needs to start saving gas money for the drive to NY)

Iberia A340-600
2007-11-27, 04:22 PM
Yay.

eric8669
2007-11-27, 04:23 PM
yay!

mirrodie
2007-11-27, 04:23 PM
yay+2

T-Bird76
2007-11-27, 04:24 PM
Yay

adam613
2007-11-27, 04:28 PM
Yay, possibly + guest

Mellyrose
2007-11-27, 04:29 PM
What do you guys think about this place? http://www.yelp.com/biz/stamatis-restaurant-astoria

It's called Stamatis and I've only heard great things about it (including from our very own, Matt Molnar - GothamSpotter). They can accommodate up to 100 (!!!) of us upstairs at no extra charge, but I need to make the reservation FAST. The 15th is open as of now but I want to ensure we get it if we want it.

Please post your thoughts.

moose135
2007-11-27, 04:33 PM
I'm in on the 15th. That place sounds interesting, Mel, I would be fine there.

Mellyrose
2007-11-27, 04:35 PM
It's authentic Greek & Mediterranean, for anyone too lazy to click the link. I think everyone would be able to find something that suits their tastes on the menu, as there are meat, fish and veggie dishes.

I do recommend reading the reviews. :)

Matt Molnar
2007-11-27, 04:37 PM
I can attest to it being excellent food and very reasonably priced. If you like Greek food you'll love Stamati's, and if you've never had Greek food, or are afraid to try it because it sounds too exotic and you can't pronounce the names of the dishes (neither can I), I can promise you as long as you like meat and/or seafood and/or vegetables you will find something you like. They have everything from simple stuff like gyros and souvlaki to steaks and lamb chops. I've been there three times and I've never had anything that I wouldn't order again.

Mellyrose
2007-11-27, 04:39 PM
Thank you Mr. Zagat! :borat:

Mellyrose
2007-11-27, 04:51 PM
Ok guys, since I haven't heard any objection and this is likely the best place (in order to accommodate us, location, menu, price, etc), I went ahead and made a reservation for December 15th at 7:30pm. I told them 20-30 people (we have about 15 right now). I anticipate at least a few more confirming and possibly with guests, so please please please let me know ASAP so I can let them know!

Once we're all confirmed I will start a new thread with official information and a map, etc.

PhilDernerJr
2007-11-27, 05:09 PM
I'm interested. I have to see if my girlfriend will let me go.

What's the dress code in this place? Casual?

Are you able to change reservations in terms of the numberof people? It's tough to give them an accurate number at this point, or even up until that day.

Mellyrose
2007-11-27, 05:16 PM
I told them I'd let them know a more definite #, closer to that night. He would like a definite headcount at least by the night before, but I think we can get one a week before - (right now they have the range of 20-30, and that's too vague)

The dresscode is casual...though I always see this as "smart" casual. AKA: don't look like a bum.

mirrodie
2007-11-27, 05:17 PM
Stamati's is really good food. It's where our greek friends go to eat when they don't feel like cooking.

Once we're all confirmed I will start a new thread with official information and a map, etc.

Ooooooooh boy, a new thread and official too??! I can't wait!

Matt Molnar
2007-11-27, 05:18 PM
Jeans are fine. Wife beaters probably not. :)

mirrodie
2007-11-27, 05:21 PM
Jeans are fine. Wife beaters probably not. :)

.....darn it.

I'm interested. I have to see if my girlfriend will let me go.

She said its OK, you can go, so long as you leave your johnson at home.

adam613
2007-11-27, 05:50 PM
Ok, me plus one guest.

Melanie, can you try to turn her into a plane spotter? :)

hiss srq
2007-11-28, 10:19 AM
Yay and yesterday I was away from the computer but I am in on this. :borat:

jetblue187
2007-11-28, 12:57 PM
I hope that if we do have an event sometime soon..that it would provide a view for the planes to come in either to JFK or LGA.
If we have something in southern queens, we should have a spotting location for planes to JFK.
If we have something in Northern Qnz, we should have a spotting location for planes to LGA.

Actually, when the courtyard in LGA had their collectibles show, the planes were coming from the south.

flyboy 28
2007-11-28, 01:07 PM
I'm probably able to get out there, but I'll have to double-check when I get home today. Put me down as a tentative yes.

Mellyrose
2007-11-28, 03:37 PM
I hope that if we do have an event sometime soon..that it would provide a view for the planes to come in either to JFK or LGA.
If we have something in southern queens, we should have a spotting location for planes to JFK.
If we have something in Northern Qnz, we should have a spotting location for planes to LGA.

Actually, when the courtyard in LGA had their collectibles show, the planes were coming from the south.

The location and date has already been chosen. :) December 15th, 7:30pm. Stamatis Restaurant in Astoria. Are you attending?

RDU-JFK
2007-11-28, 05:09 PM
I'll be in California...next year though!! Hope everyone has a good time.

USAF Pilot 07
2007-11-28, 06:14 PM

...It's called Rolf's and it's on 3rd and 22nd I believe... They deck out the whole place (it's pretty small to begin with) with a bunch of decorations. Kinda pricey though. I went there last year, food was pretty good, but definitely not the best German food I've had (although the German food in Germany I had was probably the best, so maybe that's not a great comparison)...

Now back to the subject at hand, I am in for the 15th at that Greek place... Greek food's great, and this place sounds good....

And hey, if that doesn't work out, we can always get our Greek fix in at Neptune Diner on Astoria Blvd!

stuart schechter
2007-11-28, 08:25 PM
Nay. Its my school's winter semi-formal. It's like someone has it out for me, LGA Kids Day, Model Show, and this are all on weekends I have things to do!

mirrodie
2007-11-29, 12:35 AM
...It's called Rolf's and it's on 3rd and 22nd I believe...

Thanks for posting that. I actually found it earlier today and had mentioned to my wife we'd like to check it out again. Great decor, nice brews, big proportions and decent food but not the best as you said. 100% agreed!

It seems it was missed earlier, so to be clear, the date and location is

December 15th, 7:30pm.

lijk604
2007-11-30, 01:59 PM
Nay...Dammit! :evil:

Mellyrose
2007-11-30, 04:17 PM
Any stragglers?

hiss srq
2007-11-30, 04:48 PM
It will be me as one for current. The girlfriends mom's birthday is that day so it is hard to tell if she will make it. At minimum I am going to pop in for a beer.

njgtr82
2007-11-30, 05:07 PM
Nay

Mellyrose
2007-11-30, 05:31 PM
It will be me as one for current. The girlfriends mom's birthday is that day so it is hard to tell if she will make it. At minimum I am going to pop in for a beer.

But you will definitely be there at 7:30, correct? I'd like us all to be there at the reservation time since it's such a large party. I say we should aim to meet outside around 7:15.

Mellyrose
2007-12-05, 06:19 PM
Last call. I'm confirming our guest count with the restaurant tonight! :)

Futterman
2007-12-06, 01:31 AM
Wait! Wait! Yes! Count me in. Stamatis, 12/15, 730p.

Sorry for procrastinating; I was on Jew-Time.

Mellyrose
2007-12-06, 08:35 AM
Yeah, yeah. Busy eating your latkes.

See you then! :)

USAF Pilot 07
2007-12-07, 07:09 PM
Ok, so I may not be there... Right now it looks like I'm going TDY for 32 days to Hawaii, Korea, Japan, Guam and Alaska (brrrr).... I'll know for sure Monday...

Iberia A340-600
2007-12-09, 06:34 PM
Looks like it's a Nay now for the two Gordons. :(

Have fun though and Happy Holidays!

kc2aqg
2007-12-10, 12:32 AM
I just learned of the holiday party today from the crowd in FLL (awesome time BTW), and I am definitely in. Add 1 more to the headcount Mel!

USAF Pilot 07
2007-12-10, 06:58 PM
I won't be there... I leave tomorrow for Texas then onto Hawaii for 4 days!

flyguy1
2007-12-11, 09:15 PM
I will be there...

stuart schechter
2007-12-12, 09:41 PM
got room for one more?

PhilDernerJr
2007-12-12, 10:21 PM
Come on board, Stuart!

stuart schechter
2007-12-13, 10:56 AM
The weather is very questionable for this weekend. Is this still happening?

adam613
2007-12-13, 11:38 AM
The weather is very questionable for this weekend. Is this still happening?

It's an indoor event, so I can't think of any reason why not...

Pre-event spotting is probably a no-go though. :cry:

stuart schechter
2007-12-13, 01:44 PM
Well, I know it's indoor but the getting there part.

Matt Molnar
2007-12-13, 01:58 PM
It looks like the weather will hold until late Saturday night, with the NWS and AccuWeather forecasting the snow to start somewhere between 10 and midnight. Shouldn't be any problems on the roads or trains.

PhilDernerJr
2007-12-13, 02:14 PM
To second Matt's post, even poor weather should not slow down public transportation.

stuart schechter
2007-12-13, 02:28 PM
Well, it's a nay for me. We should have another one for those that couldn't make it, maybe later this month or early next year.

Mellyrose
2007-12-13, 04:44 PM
Another one definitely won't happen before the New Year.

Maybe we can have a Valentine's Day party where everyone can just kiss and get it over with. :P

moose135
2007-12-13, 04:58 PM
To second Matt's post, even poor weather should not slow down public transportation.

Wanna bet?

adam613
2007-12-13, 04:59 PM
Wanna bet?

Historically, the subway and LIRR do pretty well in snow. Heavy rain, on the other hand...

mirrodie
2007-12-13, 06:44 PM
Take it from a former LIRR employee... Nope, not really. The diesels are the workhorses but sometimes the alcohol trains break down, esp. if they are MUs.

Matt Molnar
2007-12-14, 02:36 AM
The diesels are the workhorses but sometimes the alcohol trains break down, esp. if they are MUs.
Anyway, LIRR and MNR do have problems with snow, specifically the older trains have a bad time with fluffy snow. The subways are generally pretty reliable, and even MTA buses usually do a respectable job in bad weather.

Regardless, unless the forecast changes, it looks like we'll be getting flurries at worst by the end of dinner, which won't affect anyone.

stuart schechter
2007-12-14, 12:46 PM
This just got really confusing on my part. I will be attending and just got permission from the school to leave! Hope to see you all there!

Mellyrose
2007-12-14, 02:47 PM
No worries. We have room. I left the reservation at 20, since we had so many yes/no/maybe/yes/no's.

Mellyrose
2007-12-15, 03:01 PM
Ok everyone...weather looks good and I've confirmed our reservation for 20. Looking forward to seeing everyone tonight at 7:30! :)

kc2aqg
2007-12-15, 06:06 PM
Hey Mel- Can you just confirm the address for me? From the link you posted, it's 2909 23rd Ave
Astoria, NY 11105
I'm coming by way of GPS, so I just want to make sure the address is right. :D

PhilDernerJr
2007-12-15, 06:21 PM
That is correct, Andy.

PhilDernerJr
2007-12-16, 02:27 AM
It all just wrapped up over here, and it was a lot of fun.

Dinner was pretty good. A nice crowd of people, finally got to meet Stuart, and shared some good stories among some yummy Greek food.

Afterwards, anyone who wanted to was offered to come back to mine and Mel's place to sit around for a bit. A last minute plan, I'm sorry we didn't have anything to offer in terms of drinks, but I had a great time having you folks over.

MarkLawrence
2007-12-16, 11:51 AM
Sounds like everyone had a great time - anyone take pictures??

Mellyrose
2007-12-16, 12:20 PM
I took a couple and I think that Adam did as well. I will post in a few.

mirrodie
2007-12-16, 12:41 PM
Glad to hear it was a merry soiree.

Unfortunately we had to cancel last minute, sorry we missed you guys. It's rare for Sebastian to show his Jekyl side. Yesterday he took no naps and so he started to morph into cranky pants after 6 PM.

Look forward to photos.

nwafan20
2007-12-16, 01:01 PM
Glad everyone had a good time.

Hope to see some pics!

kc2aqg
2007-12-16, 01:38 PM
It was great seeing everybody, both old faces and new ones! I had a great time!!! Many thanks to Mel for coordinating & Phil for his apartment :D

Mellyrose
2007-12-16, 01:42 PM
Um, I posted pics about 30 minutes ago...and now they're gone. Weird.

Andy, you know that it was my apartment too, right? ;)

stuart schechter
2007-12-16, 04:43 PM
It was great to finally meet you all. Brian, your quite the entertainer, Adam, have fun with the 20D. I caught my train with 5 minutes to spare luckilly and my mother is gonna let me do some FLL spotting at the Hibiscus garage.

kc2aqg
2007-12-16, 05:14 PM
Mel, indeed I do know it's your apartment too. I guess I should credit both of you for your EXCELLENT decorating skills :wink:

moose135
2007-12-16, 05:53 PM
It was great seeing everyone last night, sure had a nice time!

Andy, you know that it was my apartment too, right? ;)
Oh my God - you mean you two live together? What is this world coming to :shock:
Seriously, thanks for inviting us over, you have a nice place, and a great view!

flyguy1
2007-12-16, 07:35 PM
Sorry I couldnt make, had a bit of a family emerg. Next time...

adam613
2007-12-17, 12:31 AM
I took a group pic. (Actually, Stefanie took it.) Eric was hiding behind Moose though... :(

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2173/2116426245_5256abc352_o.jpg

Mellyrose
2007-12-17, 01:07 AM
Great shot except that Eric isn't visible! :(

Thanks for posting :)

USAF Pilot 07
2007-12-17, 08:20 AM
Sounds like it was a good time! Too bad I couldn't make it...

eric8669
2007-12-17, 10:42 AM
:(

mirrodie
2007-12-17, 10:56 AM
Great shot except that Eric isn't visible

Very nice picture :)

As for ERic, leave it to MIdnight Mike, I'm sure he might find a way to pop Eric into the image ;)

Mellyrose
2007-12-17, 11:49 AM
Tommy, looks like you have Reindeer ears! :-P

stuart schechter
2007-12-17, 01:12 PM
And unfortunately, I had to leave before that was taken. Maybe next time.

Futterman
2007-12-17, 02:53 PM
Was definitely a great time! Thanks for having us over after the meal, too, Phil & Mel.

My smile in the picture is kinda half-assed...maybe if I were holding as many twenties as Mel, I'd have been a lot happier. :)

Brian

Gerard
2007-12-17, 08:09 PM
>I took a group pic. (Actually, Stefanie took it.) Eric was hiding behind Moose though...<

Can we have a caption to show who each person is?
Thanks.

moose135
2007-12-17, 08:37 PM
Can we have a caption to show who each person is?

http://moose135.smugmug.com/photos/233509086-L.jpg

Gerard
2007-12-17, 08:42 PM
Thanks Moose. Faces to go with the names. Good job.

Gerard
2007-12-17, 08:43 PM
>My smile in the picture is kinda half-assed...maybe if I were holding as many twenties as Mel, I'd have been a lot happier. <

And her arm intertwined with yours!! :lol:
Look closer!!

stuart schechter
2007-12-17, 10:41 PM
from left to right, Tommy, Phil, Mel, Matt's Wife, Adam(I swear I typed Adam), Matt(Gothamspotter), Brian Futterman(above), Andy, Eric(hiding), John(moose)

Mellyrose
2007-12-17, 11:03 PM
Stuart, you're all wrong. lol

mirrodie
2007-12-17, 11:04 PM
YOu know Mel, I THOUGHT Stuart was really going heavy on the Eggnog but I just wasn't sure ! :borat:

stuart schechter
2007-12-18, 03:58 PM
I think I'm just not gonna talk anymore!

edit: So I only screwed up Adam, which I was thinking about when I typed it. How could I forget his name, we were chatting all night.

Mellyrose
2007-12-18, 06:51 PM
You also screwed up Lia, who you didn't call by name and referred to as Matt's wife. :shock:

T-Bird76
2007-12-18, 09:36 PM
Tommy, looks like you have Reindeer ears! :-P

What the hell it looks like I have a Devils pitchfork behind me! LOL

stuart schechter
2007-12-19, 05:21 PM
You also screwed up Lia, who you didn't call by name and referred to as Matt's wife. :shock:

I'm gonna turn and run now! Maybe find a good place to hide for a while.