PDA

View Full Version : FLL Black Friday (11/23)

adam613
2007-11-22, 02:29 PM
So I'm down in Florida for the holiday. My brother, who is quite the photographer but not as into aviation as I am, has expressed some interest in this whole plane-spotting thing. We're likely going to spend a couple of hours at FLL tomorrow morning. If anyone was planning to be out there, I'd be very interested to meet (or re-meet) some of the NYCA Floridians.

He has a car, and I understand there is a designated location on Perimeter Road near the arrival end of 9L. It's facing north, so we should be ok with light for most of the day, right? How long a lens do you need there?

LGA777
2007-11-22, 04:32 PM
Just one thing to remember, Friday after Thanksgiving is a major reduced schedule day, so while it's still worth going to FLL, you will not see everything you would see on a normal weekday. Here at US LGA, we are operating about 40 pct of a normal weekday schedule.

Have fun !

LGA777

adam613
2007-11-23, 12:56 AM
Yeah, I know I'm not going to see everything, but it's my only chance on this trip, and I'll take what I can get. And at the very least, it will be my first photograph of WN :)