PDA

View Full Version : Unexpected Stolen Photo

PhilDernerJr
2007-11-15, 10:44 PM
I was away for work at some conference in Chicago earlier this week. While sitting there watching a powerpoint presentation, the faded background behind the text in a few slides had the silhouette of an airplane. I immediately recognized it, and during the next break, I went to the business center in the hotel and printed up a copy of this photo.

[airlinerstp://www.airliners.net/open.file/0728166/L/[/airlinersI went back to the conference, asked if I could put the presentation back a few slides, and held it up. There was no mistaking that the silhouetted plane in the background was my shot.

What are the odds of that?

It turns out that they used the background from a company that provides such templates for powerpoint.

I don't know the company, but I do plan on sending them an invoice if I find who they are.

I should be getting a copy of the presentation to show you folks the comparison. I'm surprised I was able to recognize it.

I can't believe I'm sitting there at some work function and came across a stolen photo of mine.

SoPictureThis
2007-11-16, 02:29 AM
Hah, that's rather unfortunate. Some similar thoughts entered my mind when your parent company, World Airways Corporation, stole my photo, Phil!! :shock:

Since applying the watermark feature to my aviation photos displayed online, incidents like this no longer occur for me. The ability to control the intensity and placement (on both airliners.net and jetphotos.net) is quite nice; perhaps you should consider it.

- jMay

Derf
2007-11-16, 02:31 AM
:borat: Nice photo! Great Story! I hope you find them.

hiss srq
2007-11-16, 08:58 PM
Good luck finding them. I would think the company would at that point be obligated to tell you who they got the template from.