PDA

View Full Version : Serendipty 3 Closed by NYC Health Inspectors

Matt Molnar
2007-11-15, 01:36 PM
LOLz. I kinda hate this place, so this makes me laugh, especially since just last week they introduced a $25,000 sundae.

Health Dept. Closes Shop Selling $25,000 Sundae (http://wcbstv.com/local/serendipity.health.inspection.2.568515.html)
Inspector Finds Mice, Piles Of Droppings, 100 Roaches, Flies; Store Failed Second Inspection In A Month

NEW YORK (CBS) ? If you've been saving your nickels and dimes for the $25,000 sundae unveiled last week at Serendipity 3, the popular Upper East Side dessert shop, we've got some not-so-delectable news for you.

The Health Department confirmed Thursday to CBS 2 that the shop had been shut down Wednesday night after failing its second straight inspection in just a month's time.

Department officials tell CBS 2 that both inspections revealed "rodent and fly infestation and conditions conducive to pest infestation, including stagnant water in the basement." Read More... (http://wcbstv.com/local/serendipity.health.inspection.2.568515.html)

Nonstop2AUH
2007-11-15, 02:09 PM
There's really no excuse for repeated health code violations but in this case it's especially sad since like it or not, it's one of those old time NYC places that we are losing almost daily. With rents going up faster than any small business can hope to raise prices, the $25k sundae was probably a necessity. Oh well, the Starbucks, Duane Reade or Commerce Bank branch that moves in will be alot cleaner.

cloud_grazer
2007-11-15, 10:19 PM
daym....i like that place :(

flyboy 28
2007-11-15, 10:38 PM
daym....i like that place :(

Probably not anymore that you're wondering what those "chocolate chips" are on top of that sundae. :shock: :lol:

PhilDernerJr
2007-11-15, 10:49 PM
I've been there quite a few times. The food is great, but everything else about it sucks and it's not worth it. Atmosphere blows, it's too crammed, service sucks, the wait is always so long and though the food is good like I said, it's not worth it.