PDA

View Full Version : What do YOU shoot with?

nikon50bigma
2007-11-12, 03:17 PM
I was just wondering what most people on this site shoots with now-a-days.

flyboy 28
2007-11-12, 05:53 PM
Panasonic here. Currently working with an FZ-7, but I have a 350D on order with a Canon EF 75-300mm and 24-70mm. My birthday gift to myself. :)

adam613
2007-11-12, 05:59 PM
Panasonic here. Currently working with an FZ-7, but I have a 350D on order with a Canon EF 75-300mm and 24-70mm. My birthday gift to myself. :)

I'm a year or so behind you :) I've got a Panasonic FZ50, which I'm quite happy with right now, but I'll probably be itching for a DSLR around 2008 bonus time.

stuart schechter
2007-11-12, 09:07 PM
So we know who made the two panasonic votes!

Mellyrose
2007-11-13, 12:19 AM
How did I manage to take Canon to 100%?

nikon50bigma
2007-11-13, 01:20 AM
Quick question to the admins- what happened to the other votes it was at around 16 before?
"Let's see how quick this turns into a Canon/Nikon debate" I don't see to many votes up there for that one lol
But really if you feel that this will turn into a nikon/canon debate feel free to take it down, I had no intension of it turning into that.

Derf
2007-11-13, 08:28 AM
Quick question to the admins- what happened to the other votes it
was at around 16 before?
"Let's see how quick this turns into a Canon/Nikon debate" I don't see to many votes up there for that one lol
But really if you feel that this will turn into a nikon/canon debate feel free to take it down, I
had no intension of it turning into that.

YOU ASKED FOR IT :borat: Plus, we know who won already! ;)

Seriously, Nikon is more the traditional were is Canon is the newer lower cost, mass produced
to turn soccer moms turn into want to be photographers. They introduced the SLR for non-
professional use. Nikon was always the "quality" camera like Minolta but hat to lower its
prices and build quality to match. I think you will find that there are more Canon's 5:1 at the
least! If you look at just professionals, it seems more like 1:1 to C vs N.

P.S. Are just upset that you are past your 14 day return policy??? :wink: :borat:
(The information above is fabricated with absolutely no industry knowledge and are from
personal experience only. None of the data may be used in whole or part with out the written
consent of management or the author. Any infringement on this policy will not be tolerated
All the views expressed in this post, are the views of only myself, and a couple of my other
personalities. This post was not meant to offend anyone, however, if something that is
written here has, then I am sorry, but life will go on for you, and it will go on for me. I do not
encourage suicide, abortion, homicide, genocide, or punching people in the face for no reason
so please do not blame me if you happen to be caught up in a situation. However, if three is a
reason to punch someone in the face, other then the fact that they are a douche bag, then
go right ahead, however that was not me condoning or giving permission for you to do so. For
other disclaimer information please call my disclaimer hotline at 1(800)Eat-Meee )

INNflight
2007-11-13, 10:49 AM
soccer moms turn into want to be photographers.

..yeah, that's my mom :)

1DmkIII user tho :borat:

pgengler
2007-11-13, 11:04 AM
Quick question to the admins- what happened to the other votes it was at around 16 before?

I'm curious about that too. I voted last night, looked again today and it seemed to indicate I hadn't voted, so I did again.

mirrodie
2007-11-13, 11:37 AM

But really if you feel that this will turn into a nikon/canon debate feel free to take it down, I had no intension of it turning into that.

Did you check your PM? :wink: No worries.

Regarding 16 votes, not sure what about the other votes.
ciao

adam613
2007-11-13, 12:14 PM
Here's what I don't get about the Canon-Nikon flame war: It doesn't really matter! Both companies make a viable yet somewhat distinct product, and with either one you're going to get a good camera and lenses. (When I decide to buy a DSLR, I'll start a flame war thread :borat:) It's not like, say, emacs vs. vi, where they both do essentially the same thing but emacs does it better.

But when buying a DSLR, your choice is simple. For my most recent camera purchase, I looked at 8 different cameras from 4 different manufacturers, all of which were in a similar price range, and the pocket-size P&S (not to be confused with POS) market is even more crowded...

nikon50bigma
2007-11-13, 04:29 PM
Seriously, Nikon is more the traditional were is Canon is the newer lower cost, mass produced
to turn soccer moms turn into want to be photographers. They introduced the SLR for non-
professional use. Nikon was always the "quality" camera like Minolta but hat to lower its
prices and build quality to match. I think you will find that there are more Canon's 5:1 at the
least! If you look at just professionals, it seems more like 1:1 to C vs N.

True, the turn out of the picture depends on the photographer not the camera.

P.S. Are just upset that you are past your 14 day return policy??? :wink: :borat:
(The information above is fabricated with absolutely no industry knowledge and are from
personal experience only. None of the data may be used in whole or part with out the written
consent of management or the author. Any infringement on this policy will not be tolerated
All the views expressed in this post, are the views of only myself, and a couple of my other
personalities. This post was not meant to offend anyone, however, if something that is
written here has, then I am sorry, but life will go on for you, and it will go on for me. I do not
encourage suicide, abortion, homicide, genocide, or punching people in the face for no reason
so please do not blame me if you happen to be caught up in a situation. However, if three is a
reason to punch someone in the face, other then the fact that they are a douche bag, then
go right ahead, however that was not me condoning or giving permission for you to do so. For
other disclaimer information please call my disclaimer hotline at 1(800)Eat-Meee )

Haha lol, nice disclaimer you have there.

Derf
2007-11-13, 09:57 PM
got to make sure my a$$ is covered.... Nikon users have been know to get pissed when I start talking about the advantages of CMOS for nighttime shooting! :borat:

nikon50bigma
2007-11-13, 10:30 PM
Watch out some of the new Nikons are using CMOS senors now. :shock:

Eddie.
2007-11-13, 10:48 PM
Nikon D50 here!

Derf
2007-11-14, 12:07 AM
:borat: Glad you guys are catching up! :borat: