PDA

View Full Version : I do love travel

T-Bird76
2007-11-09, 08:24 PM
You know even though I was at JFK only 24 hours ago and I'm back here now, I do really enjoy it. I'm sitting here in the AA terminal watching a Fin MD-11 push back followed by an AA 777 and now the Jet Airways 777 has pushed back. The atmosphere of an airport truly is awesome, I just love hearing all the boarding calls for cities around the world. Its one of the things that draw me to aviation, I just love the fact that in one breath you're in New York and only a few hours later you can be a half way around the world. Truly an enjoyable evening, meet up with my best friend for a drink at T4 and now I'm sitting back waiting to leave for LA.

PhilDernerJr
2007-11-09, 08:38 PM
Enthusiasm for aviation certainly extends far beyond taking pictures of airplanes. People really enjoying what the industry is about; travel, making the world a smaller place with ease, comfort and at relatively low prices compared to the times and effort it used to take people to travel the same distances not 100 years ago.

My passion for aviation brought me to a job where I truly got to see the world like few ever would. I remember when I first got the position, people grew concerned that I'd become fed up with the industry. It ended up being the opposite. I gained an immense appreciation for where my passion and my job brought me.

It was good having a drink with you, Tommy.