PDA

View Full Version : River Visual at LGA Today

hiss srq
2007-11-08, 02:22 PM
[MODERATOR NOTE: This thread has been split from another topic, and the threat title created by the moderator. Please keep in mind that runway usage and side-conversation is not permitted in airport "delay report" threads.]

One of the few times this year we are landing 13 at LGA.

adam613
2007-11-08, 02:48 PM
One of the few times this year we are landing 13 at LGA.

I was wondering if they were using the River Visual...I can see them flying past my window...

adam613
2007-11-08, 08:34 PM
Delta colors with the bent wing treatment is here pushing out at the minute, steelers 319 was here and we were landing 13 again for about an hour and a half and just flipped it again. LGA has been busy busy busy today.

Does the River Visual approach lower capacity? Why were they on that approach? It was pretty nice outside today, and it wasn't too windy (at least not in midtown)...

hiss srq
2007-11-08, 09:47 PM
It can reduce the capacity into LGA particularly through the early mid evening rush in and out. To be honest I am not sure why we were in the configuation that we used for the most part today. I was pretty out of it all day long. When I left we had just turned the boat to 22 arrivals and 13 departues which is the most efficent configuation for us at LGA.

PhilDernerJr
2007-11-08, 09:56 PM
Rwy 13 arrivals looks great from inside the terminal. Was great to see today.

Gerard
2007-11-08, 10:17 PM
> Please keep in mind that runway usage and side-conversation is not permitted in airport "delay report" threads<

?????

PhilDernerJr
2007-11-08, 10:43 PM
> Please keep in mind that runway usage and side-conversation is not permitted in airport "delay report" threads<

?????

This thread was split from the LGA Daily Report thread. Runway usage discussion does not belong there, as stated in the recent news updates.

Gerard
2007-11-08, 11:11 PM
>This thread was split from the LGA Daily Report thread. Runway usage discussion does not belong there, as stated in the recent news updates<

Ak ok. I didnt fully comprehend. I thought there was another reason about runway usage threads.
Ya know Homeland security and all. :D

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2007-11-09, 01:56 PM
I can't remember the last time I saw Runway 13 being used!

hiss srq
2007-11-09, 02:23 PM
We use it maybe a handful of times a year for extended periods. Sometimes we will use it for a special occasion like a no flaps landing emergency etc. It is a fun approach to watch as well as fly. I have been onboard a ERJ 145 for it during a weird afternoons of thunderstorms .

Matt Molnar
2007-11-09, 02:27 PM
I can't remember the last time I saw Runway 13 being used!
I saw the ILS DME 13 approach (!) being used about 3 months ago.

adam613
2007-11-12, 01:22 PM
We use it maybe a handful of times a year for extended periods. Sometimes we will use it for a special occasion like a no flaps landing emergency etc. It is a fun approach to watch as well as fly. I have been onboard a ERJ 145 for it during a weird afternoons of thunderstorms .

When I was in college, we used to see planes fly over Morningside Park (at 120th St in Manhattan) when the River Visual was in use. They fly over the park at less than 1000 feet AGL. It might make a good spotting location if we ever got the right winds when 4/22 was closed...