PDA

View Full Version : What I got in the mail today...

moose135
2007-11-05, 07:07 PM
The new B&H Catalog!

http://moose135.smugmug.com/photos/217896674-L.jpg
460-odd pages of toys - just like when I was a little kid and the Sears Christmas catalog came!

T-Bird76
2007-11-05, 07:57 PM
I hate that dam catalogue....talk about a total waste of paper. I don't understand why I get it, they see I order all my stuff online why bother wasting the paper when my buying habits indicate I don't order by catalogue but online.

moose135
2007-11-05, 08:04 PM
I hate that dam catalogue....talk about a total waste of paper. I don't understand why I get it, they see I order all my stuff online why bother wasting the paper when my buying habits indicate I don't order by catalogue but online.

I think most (well, maybe many?) people who buy products on-line usually know what they are looking for - I know I do - and go on-line for convenience or cost. Having that big catalog in your hands lets you page through it, thinking, "Hey, I need one of those..." which you can then order on-line, which you might not have done if you didn't see it in the catalog in the first place.

Midnight Mike
2007-11-08, 03:26 PM

Sorry Moose! Obviously Tommy is having a bout of PMS & did not share in your joy...... Send Tommy a bottle of Midol & a kitkat, he will be ok after a nap.....
:D :lol: :P

T-Bird76
2007-11-09, 12:24 AM
I just got home from Montreal tonight and guess what was waiting for me??? That dam B&H catalog....it went promptly into the paper trash bin.

PhilDernerJr
2007-11-09, 09:13 AM
Tommy, I hope you mean the RECYCLE bin. As you said, it's a waste of paper, but it's only a waste if you put it in the regular trash recepticle. :wink:

T-Bird76
2007-11-09, 09:47 AM
Tommy, I hope you mean the RECYCLE bin. As you said, it's a waste of paper, but it's only a waste if you put it in the regular trash recepticle. :wink:

Yes Phil....god you're becoming such a Left wing Liberal! Go cut down a Sequoia tree to redeem yourself! ;)

PhilDernerJr
2007-11-09, 11:05 AM
I will cut it down and use the wood to create homes for 700,000 Arawak Indians.

As for the catalog, I thumb through it, but I think it could be laid out in a more visually-pleasing way.

I end up using them to kill mosquitos.

jran225
2007-11-09, 01:13 PM

What happened to tearing them in half, Phil? :wink:

Greets,
-Omario

emshighway
2007-11-09, 03:34 PM

Are you "Greenzo" now (30Rock reference if you don't get it)?

lijk604
2007-11-09, 03:44 PM

What happened to tearing them in half, Phil? :wink:

It's only 400 pages, it's not thick enough for Phil to bother tearing in half. 8)

PhilDernerJr
2007-11-09, 04:54 PM
They are actually much tougher to tear than a phone book because the pages are a "plasticy" gloss and not the paper that a phone book is made up of.

I am a little bit more environmentally-concious. Not a tree hugger though.