PDA

View Full Version : 50 Years Of Inflight with USAirways

hiss srq
2007-10-31, 08:24 PM
I have flown aboard a flight at least once where this lady was part of the crew roster. Congradulations Betty!

US Airways flight attendant Bette Nash celebrates 50 years of dedicated service with the airline with a flight between Indianapolis and Washington, D.C. on November 1. Ms. Nash has the distinction of being the most tenured flight attendant at US Airways with a hire date of November. 4, 1957. US Airways will honor Nash’s half-century of service with a water cannon salute as she arrives at Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport on flight 954 and will host a lunch reception in her honor immediately following her flight.

Nash, who is based in Washington, D.C., began her aviation career with Eastern Airlines, flying on the carrier’s Lockheed Constellation 1049 aircraft. In 1961, she began flying for the Eastern Air Shuttle, which provided flights every two hours between New York’s LaGuardia, Washington National and Boston Logan airports. Over the years, the Eastern Air Shuttle became the Trump Shuttle, the USAir Shuttle and today’s US Airways Shuttle, where Bette continues the proud tradition of these airlines.

“Bette is our ‘diamond in the sky,’” said Sherri Shamblin, US Airways’ vice president, inflight services. “Her professionalism and commitment to excellent customer service shine bright to US Airways customers and employees alike. We are extremely honored to recognize her lifetime of commitment to the airline.”

Nash said of being a flight attendant, “I’m addicted to the job and the way of life. Every day is a different experience.” She added, “Our customers and my co-workers are great.” In her spare time, Nash enjoys swimming, biking, walking and keeping up with the stock market and business news.

cloud_grazer
2007-10-31, 09:13 PM
wow! fifty years! congrats ms. nash!