PDA

View Full Version : Singapore Airlines, New Rules, on the A380

Midnight Mike
2007-10-31, 11:28 AM
The new Airbus A380 proudly flown by Singapore Airlines last week is a huge aircraft with plenty of room for all kinds of activities. Except one: sex.

If you're thinking of booking the world's first flying double bed, you'll first need a lot of money. And second of all, no desire to have sex. Singapore Airlines has said that if couples using the double suites "engage in inappropriate activity," they'll be politely asked to stop. One of the first couples to fly in the suite thought this seemed a bit unfair since the flight attendants kept bringing champagne.

We agree that it doesn't seem fair, but at the same time, we don't want those kind of noises added to screaming engines and wailing children to make our long-haul flight experience even more painful.

lijk604
2007-10-31, 12:13 PM
Think of the cleaning bills too! :shock:

PhilDernerJr
2007-10-31, 12:27 PM
Them admitting that flights are filled with screaming babies and that the engines are that loud cna't be good for business either.

Nonstop2AUH
2007-11-01, 01:52 AM
SQ had better ban Ralph Fiennes...

mirrodie
2007-11-01, 03:14 PM
Think of the cleaning bills too! :shock:

I'm remembering a scene in CLERKS....something about J***moppers.

In all seriousness,
SQ is offering a suite with bedding. I am HOPING that someone who works in the HOTEL industry can comment on the matter.

It seems to me though that if someone sleeps in a suite and uses the sheets, regardless of coitus, those sheets should be laundered and perhaps sanitized after use. Forgetting about coitus for a moment, I'd be worrying about parasites and bedbugs in the bedding. I don't know if that is a basic standard. But if SQ is offering suites, I'd expect them to clean them and adhere to hotel standards.