Total: Fatalities: 0 / Occupants: 44
Airplane damage: Substantial
Phase: Landing
Nature: International Scheduled Passenger
Departure airport: Bergen-Flesland Airport (BGO/ENBR), Norway
Destination airport: København-Kastrup Airport (CPH/EKCH), Denmark
Flightnumber: 2867
Narrative:
SAS Flight 2867 departed Bergen (BGO), Norway on a flight to Copenhagen (CPH), Denmark. Approaching Copenhangen, the crew of the Dash 8-400 plane reported "problems with main landing gear." An emergency landing was carried out on runway 04R with the right hand main landing gear retracted. The airplane came to rest with the right wing on the ground.
A SAS press release stated that "All Dash 8-400 aircraft within the SAS Group will be grounded until further notice. "
The entire SAS fleet of DHC-8-400 planes had been grounded earlier following two similar accidents on September 9 and 12. Following an extensive inspection program and parts replacement, SAS began returning planes to service as of October 4, 2007. All aircraft were back in service on October 14.

Follow-up / safety actions:
On the day of the accident, October 27, 2007, SAS grounded all Dash 8-400 aircraft within the SAS Group until further notice.
On October 28, SAS decided to immediately discontinue the use of this type of aircraft.

Sources:
» SAS Press Release

Derf
2007-10-28, 10:00 PM
for the last time, I just was told that they are taking them all out of service due to this. They will be canceling flights.

EDIT: WOW, talk about stating the obvious as it WAS written just above this post. Sorry as I was getting the two little ones to sleep and thought I had seen the entire post. Inserting foot in mouth. :roll: