PDA

View Full Version : Islip and Skybus?? Could it work!!

bluejuice
2007-10-27, 06:08 AM
With Skybus dropping some of its west coast destinations and looking to expand eastward and ISP losing a couple of Southwest flights do you think that Skybus could use ISP as its NY destination??? Its better then Newburgh or White Plains as rumor has it that they are looking into

T-Bird76
2007-10-27, 09:53 AM
I doubt it but you never know. The New York Market isn't starving for air travel and Skybus doesn't offer enough $10 fares to draw people away from WN at ISP, and B6 at JFK. Most of Skybus's fares that I've seen aren't all to great once they sell out of those $10 and $20 seats.

Iberia A340-600
2007-10-27, 06:51 PM
As predicted earlier it looks like SWF or TTN will be the candidate for an "NYC" airport and also they are looking at IAG.

http://www.columbusdispatch.com/live/co ... ml?sid=101 (http://www.columbusdispatch.com/live/content/business/stories/2007/10/26/skybus_newcities.ART_ART_10-26-07_C10_CV89JJS.html?sid=101)

N790SW
2007-10-27, 09:06 PM
If SkyBus comes to ISP I will throw rocks at it!!!! Long Live WN @ ISP!!!!!

bluejuice
2007-10-28, 06:17 AM
I know the amount of passengers traveling to Columbus is not all that great but the amount of tourists headed to NYC might make it work for them. The big issue is once you get to Trenton,Newburgh White Plains how do you get to the city???. Al least with ISP you have the LIRR. And yes I know the LIRR will take longer then the flight.

T-Bird76
2007-10-28, 07:53 AM
I know the amount of passengers traveling to Columbus is not all that great but the amount of tourists headed to NYC might make it work for them. The big issue is once you get to Trenton,Newburgh White Plains how do you get to the city???. Al least with ISP you have the LIRR. And yes I know the LIRR will take longer then the flight.

Exactly! You don't get to NYC....easily that is. That was the biggest problem with Bellingham, W.A. Skybus marketed the city as Seattle/Vancouver but Bellingham is in the middle of Bumble F$#K, W.A... It is no where near Seattle or Vancover, you'd have to rent a car and then drive 2 hours north or an hour and a half south to reach either city.

Iberia A340-600
2007-10-28, 10:59 AM
The easiest way to get from SWF to the city is to take a bus across the river to Beacon and then hop on Metro North down to the city. The bus ride probably takes around 15 minutes but I'm not sure how frequently they run.

G-BOAD
2007-10-28, 01:16 PM
from HPN is quite easy. Bus to White Planes, then Metro North to Grand central.
My cousins flew WN to ISP, and my dad told me of the hard time he had getting there, and traffic..., so Skybus might like that.
SWF is too close to the city for Skybus :wink:

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2007-11-11, 03:06 PM
Well I think we all know what airport they chose now.