PDA

View Full Version : jetBlue dumps Nashville and Columbus

T-Bird76
2007-10-23, 02:39 PM
I flew to Columbus twice on B6, the plane was always empty. Based on what Barger said it seems like they just weren't making any money.

bizjournals.com
JetBlue leaving Nashville
Tuesday October 23, 11:40 am ET

JetBlue Airways is pulling out of Nashville, effective Jan. 6.
The law fare air carrier began its service in Music City in August 2006 with nonstop service between Nashville and New York.

The announcement to drop its Nashville flights comes as the carrier generated its first third-quarter profit in two years and capacity and occupancy grew.

JetBlue said it also plans to stop its service in Columbus, Ohio, also effective Jan. 6.

"We are taking the difficult but necessary step to discontinue operations in these two markets," said CEO Dave Barger in a statement. "After more than 12 months of service and a detailed review of traffic and revenue trends in these two cities, we have decided to redeploy our assets."

Published October 23, 2007 by the Nashville Business Journal

nwafan20
2007-10-23, 07:23 PM
Why not come to DTW? There isn't much competition DTW-New York...

njgtr82
2007-10-23, 07:28 PM
Why not come to DTW? There isn't much competition DTW-New York...

NWA and COA have plenty of flights from EWR. I would also imagine that NWA has quite a few flights into LGA.

LGA777
2007-10-23, 11:32 PM
Let's not also forget NK which I think still has 3 a day LGA-DTW. And many of NW's flights in this market are 757's !

LGA777

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2007-10-30, 03:41 PM
JetBlue is starting to confuse me.
They say they are cutting expansion, yet they add more routes. Then they go ahead and cut two cities.
I like JetBlue, but won't fly with them cuz of the drive I have to make to fly them.
Does anyone have an idea of any other new B6 routes for the next year? Not that they will work for me, but im just curious.

hiss srq
2007-10-30, 07:05 PM
As long as they do not touch SRQ I am quite content with whatever they do. 2 a day to SRQ makes me a happy man when I have time off enough to jump on and go home for a little bit.

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2007-11-01, 04:40 PM
I thought they only had one a day to SRQ. And B6's load factors are spectacular at SRQ, there is no way they will touch that service.