PDA

View Full Version : Level or Not?

cancidas
2007-10-18, 05:42 PM
seriously now, i need help. well, aside from the obvious i want your opinions on this photo:

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o161/cancidas/CELMER_N742PS_KLGA_09-23-07.jpg

i keep having it rejected from a certain site for having bad color and it being not level. i think the color and the level are perfect, and the edit is better than any other of my shots (thanks tommy) but the weenies keep rejecting it because it's not a euro-white 50mm side-on. tell me what you all think. seeing as the airplane is touching down 1000ft right of where i was standing the runway and adjectent taxiway aren't going to be perfectly level in the frame. as far as the color, i don't see what they're talking about.

:evil: :evil:

hiss srq
2007-10-18, 06:03 PM
I do not see it either Matt but that is Anet for you.

PhilDernerJr
2007-10-18, 06:37 PM
Honestly, I certainly see a green tint.

As for level, if looks good. I'm using the vertical lines on the condos and houses across the bay, which look ok. If ANYTHING, I'd say a .13 CCW turn.

hiss srq
2007-10-18, 06:45 PM
That green tint is the glas. The tower cab glass creates green tint when you shoot through it.

cancidas
2007-10-18, 08:10 PM
this was taken from the roof guys, not inside the cab. i've thrown out all the ones that i took form inside, there is no way i can get the green out.

LGA777
2007-10-18, 10:05 PM
Well 90 pct of my shots from work are from inside and while some of you may mention the green tint in my photos I did manage to get a few accepted from that location even with the tint. And while I get more than my share of rejections, hardly ever for bad color. Hang in there Matt, I think it's a great shot !

Cheers

LGA777

PhilDernerJr
2007-10-18, 10:15 PM
Your shot is interesting, it's true. Regardless, I think it has a green tint. My 10D gives me an automatic green tint that requires that decrease green by 4 in highlights in Color Balance in order to correct it.

It's a great photo.

cancidas
2007-10-18, 11:39 PM
well i don't care if they upload or not, just annoys me how stupid they are.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mattcelmer/

^^ thats where all my pix go from now on ^^