PDA

View Full Version : Delta to fly to Heathrow, Orly, and Lyon in Spring 2008

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2007-10-17, 03:33 PM
Delta Customers Gain Nonstop Access to London-Heathrow, Paris-Orly and Lyon, France through Expanded Trans-Atlantic Partnership
Flights now available to customers at special low introductory rates
ATLANTA, Oct. 17, 2007 – As part of an expanded partnership announced earlier today by Delta Air Lines (NYSE: DAL) and SkyTeam partner Air France, customers now can book nonstop Delta flights from the United States to three popular airports in England and France where they previously did not have access. The routes are:
Atlanta to London-Heathrow (once daily, effective March 29, 2008);
New York-JFK to London-Heathrow (twice daily, effective March 29, 2008);
New York-JFK to Paris-Orly (four times weekly, effective June 2, 2008); and
New York-JFK to Lyon (once daily, effective July 15, 2008).
With the new flights, Delta will strengthen its position as the world’s largest trans-Atlantic airline and will more conveniently connect customers between Delta and Air France hubs on both sides of the Atlantic. The new flights to London-Heathrow will mark Delta’s entry into the world’s No. 1 business market and for the first time will connect London-Heathrow nonstop to the world’s largest airline hub in Atlanta, bringing new competition and customer choice to a market where access has previously been restricted.
Delta gained the rights to serve London-Heathrow as part of an Open Skies agreement reached last spring between U.S. government and European Union negotiators that moves toward fully deregulating air transportation services in the trans-Atlantic market.
With the addition of flights to Heathrow, Delta will continue to operate seven daily round-trip flights in the London market with three daily flights at Heathrow – one to Atlanta and two to New York-JFK; and four daily flights at Gatwick – two to Atlanta; one to Cincinnati; and one to New York-JFK.
Customers flying Delta’s newest trans-Atlantic routes will enjoy special low introductory fares for travel booked by Oct. 31, 2007.
Sample one-way fares, based on a round-trip purchase, include: To From One-way fare*
(based on a round-trip purchase)
London-Heathrow Atlanta $299
London-Heathrow New York-JFK $199
Paris-Orly New York-JFK $449
Lyon New York-JFK $449

Additional taxes/fees/restrictions apply. See below for more details.
Delta’s new flights between the United States London-Heathrow, Paris-Orly and Lyon are scheduled as follows: Flight Departs Arrives Effective Frequency
178 Atlanta at 11 p.m. London-Heathrow at 12:30 p.m.** March 29, 2008 Daily
179 London-Heathrow at 1:25 p.m. Atlanta at 6:05 p.m. March 30, 2008 Daily
156 New York-JFK at 8:55 p.m. London-Heathrow at 9:25 a.m.** March 29, 2008 Daily
157 London-Heathrow at 5:05 p.m. New York-JFK at 8:10 p.m. March 30, 2008 Daily
5 New York-JFK at 8:05 a.m. London-Heathrow at 8:20 p.m. March 30, 2008 Daily
6 London-Heathrow at 8:15 a.m. New York-JFK at 11:05 a.m. March 31, 2008 Daily
54 New York-JFK at 10:35 p.m. Paris-Orly at 12:30 p.m.** June 2, 2008 Four-times weekly***
53 Paris-Orly at 2:55 p.m. New York-JFK at 5 p.m. June 3, 2008 Four-times weekly***
174 New York-JFK at 4:30 p.m. Lyon at 7:05 a.m.** July 15, 2008 Daily
175 Lyon at 9:30 a.m. New York-JFK at 12:15 p.m. July 16, 2008 Daily

**Arrives next day
***Service operates daily effective July 1, 2008
Delta’s new flights in the London market will be operated with Boeing 767-300ER aircraft while flights to Lyon and Orly will be operated with extended-range Boeing 757-200 aircraft. Both the 767 and 757 aircraft will feature Delta’s award-winning BusinessElite service, including all-leather seats with 55 inches of legroom; innovative in-flight dining designed by celebrity chef Michelle Bernstein and celebrity sommelier Andrea Robinson. Delta on Demand, the airline’s advanced in-flight entertainment system, will be available at every seat in both Business and Economy class on the 757-200 while the 767-300ER will feature the system in Business class. Delta on Demand offers customers 25 first-run and popular classic movies, HBO on demand, a wide variety of TV programs, more than 3,000 mp3s covering a broad range of music genres and a suite of 12 video games.
With Delta’s planned 2008 international expansion, the airline will remain the world’s largest airline across the Atlantic with more flights, departures and available seat miles than any other global airline****. Since summer 2005, Delta has added or announced more than 30 new international routes across the Atlantic and by next summer plans to offer service to more than 20 trans-Atlantic destinations where there is no nonstop service offered by a major U.S. carrier.
Delta Air Lines operates service to more worldwide destinations than any airline with Delta and Delta Connection flights to 310 destinations in 54 countries. Since 2005, Delta has added more international capacity than all other major U.S. airlines combined and is the leader across the Atlantic with flights to 36 trans-Atlantic markets. To Latin America and the Caribbean, Delta offers more than 400 weekly flights to 53 destinations. Delta's marketing alliances also allow customers to earn and redeem SkyMiles on nearly 15,000 flights offered by SkyTeam and other partners. Delta is a founding member of SkyTeam, a global airline alliance that provides customers with extensive worldwide destinations, flights and services. Including its SkyTeam and worldwide codeshare partners, Delta offers flights to 475 worldwide destinations in 104 countries. Customers can check in for flights, print boarding passes and check flight status at delta.com.
****Based on June 2008 OAG
*Restrictions: Fares shown are available for purchase at delta.com. Tickets cost $20 more if purchased from Delta over the telephone, or at an airport or city ticket office, and this amount is nonrefundable. Travel agents may impose an additional service charge for ticketing. Tickets are nontransferable. Seats are limited and the fare may not be available on all flights. Tickets: Fares shown are one-way. Round-trip purchase is required. Tickets must be purchased within 72 hours after reservations are made and no later than Oct 31, 2007. See delta.com for online ticket purchase requirements and restrictions. Travel Period: For London-Heathrow, travel may begin Mar 29 through May 15, 2008 and must be completed by Jun 15, 2008; for Lyon, travel may begin Jul 15 through Aug 15, 2008 and must be completed by Sep 15, 2008; for Paris-Orly, travel may begin Jun 2 through Jun 30, 2008 and must be completed by Jul 30, 2008. Blackout Dates: None. Fare Validity: Fares are valid only in the Economy (Coach) cabin via nonstop flights operated by Delta Air Lines. Minimum Stay: Saturday night. Maximum Stay: 1 month. Taxes/Fees: Fares do not include a $3.40 Federal Excise Tax, Passenger Facility Charge(s) of up to $4.50 for each flight segment, or the September 11th Security Fee of up to $2.50 for each flight segment. A flight segment is defined as a takeoff and a landing. International fares do not include U.S. International Air Transportation Tax of up to $30.20 and U.S. and foreign user, inspection, security or other similarly based charges, fees or taxes of up to $280, depending on itinerary. These taxes and fees are the responsibility of the passenger and must be paid at the time the ticket is purchased. Cancellations/Refunds/Changes: Fares are nonrefundable. Delta may permit you to apply a portion of the fare value to future travel upon payment of applicable fees and fare difference; otherwise, the ticket will have no value. Fees may apply for downgrades/reissues and itinerary changes. Delta may allow you to cancel certain electronic tickets until midnight of the day after purchase (or midnight of the departure date of the first flight, whichever comes first) without penalty if purchased at the time of reservation directly from Delta. Contact a Delta agent or visit delta.com for details. Miscellaneous: Fares and rules are subject to change without notice. Offers subject to change and void where prohibited by law. It is the responsibility of the passenger to be in possession of all necessary documentation (e.g., valid passport, visa where applicable) at the time of departure from origin. Delta reserves the right to deny boarding to passengers without the proper documentation. Other restrictions may apply. ©2007 Delta Air Lines, Inc.

T-Bird76
2007-10-17, 04:01 PM
Isn't Delta already flying to LHR from JFK or am I crazy? Orly is an interesting choice vs. CDG and so is Lyon. I have to wonder if all these routes Delta is now flying out of JFK are PanAm routes they got when they bought most of PanAm's assets.

MarkLawrence
2007-10-17, 04:18 PM
They current fly to LGW Tom - LHR will be brand new for them - and - then watch the prices jump - landing taxes, etc at LHR are waaayyyyy higer than LGW - that introductory price won't last too long I don't think...

Mateo
2007-10-17, 06:00 PM
Didn't they already fly to Lyon? Or was that a former service that was suspended and now returning?

JZ1
2007-10-17, 06:22 PM
What equipment do you think DL will use on JFK-LHR route? 763, 764 or 777? On one hand, being the new entrant they will have a hard time filling the seating with strong competitors like VS/BA/AA. But being a new entrant and with inferior equipment, they will have even harder time attracting passengers, especially the biz travellers.

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2007-10-17, 06:24 PM
I'm sure people will pay the extra money to go to LHR, since it is much closer to London than LGW.
Even though it is so close, I would like to see ATL-STN and JFK-STN on Delta. I think that sounds realisitic now with this open skies agreement that may take effect.

T-Bird76
2007-10-17, 10:18 PM
I knew they flew to LGW but they bought UAL's LHR rights from JFK in Oct. I shocked it took this long to get that route running.

njgtr82
2007-10-17, 11:00 PM
I knew they flew to LGW but they bought UAL's LHR rights from JFK in Oct. I shocked it took this long to get that route running.

They wern't allowed to, the new open skies treaty doesn't go in effect til 2008.

RDU-JFK
2007-10-18, 08:37 AM
Didn't they already fly to Lyon? Or was that a former service that was suspended and now returning?

They flew to Lyon in the 1990s following the Pan Am deals. It was then suspended.

T-Bird76
2007-10-18, 12:00 PM

They wern't allowed to, the new open skies treaty doesn't go in effect til 2008.

I don't think it had anything to do with open sky's, the slot opened after UAL pulled LHR from JFk and Delta purchased the rights to it. Who knows, I just hope they plane on using 777 service and not those rat box 767s, even with a new cabin I'd much rather take a 777, 747, or A340 to LHR over a 767.

njgtr82
2007-10-18, 12:12 PM
[quote="T-Bird76":84347]I knew they flew to LGW but they bought UAL's LHR rights from JFK in Oct. I shocked it took this long to get that route running.

I don't think it had anything to do with open sky's, the slot opened after UAL pulled LHR from JFk and Delta purchased the rights to it. Who knows, I just hope they plane on using 777 service and not those rat box 767s, even with a new cabin I'd much rather take a 777, 747, or A340 to LHR over a 767.[/quote:84347]

The previous open skies treaty allowed for only 4 carriers to fly into LHR to/from the US: British Airways, Virgin Atlantic, United, and American. Regardless who bought the rights to those slots, they can't use them til next year.

Alex T
2007-10-18, 01:00 PM
http://delta.innosked.com/

Here is Delta's Interactive Route Map.

Click on NYC, its amazing to see the n/s and Intl flights offered from places such as LAX, ATL, and JFK.

Alex

njgtr82
2007-10-18, 01:04 PM
I think that map includes code shares.

Alex T
2007-10-18, 01:21 PM

Man..Not even that..Looking at STL..

It shows DL flies N/S to..

LAX, Houston, MCO, SRQ, PBI, MLB, Gulfport, PHX, and many others none of which DL flies or even any code share airline flies (unless they code share with US, AA, WN and FL out of STL.. :roll: )

So, disregard that route map, thats weird!

Alex

RDU-JFK
2007-10-18, 02:26 PM

Man..Not even that..Looking at STL..

It shows DL flies N/S to..

LAX, Houston, MCO, SRQ, PBI, MLB, Gulfport, PHX, and many others none of which DL flies or even any code share airline flies (unless they code share with US, AA, WN and FL out of STL.. :roll: )

So, disregard that route map, thats weird!

Alex

Yeah, under settings you need to select non-stop flights only.

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2007-10-18, 06:11 PM
Actually, the ATL-LHR routes and the JFK-LHR routes are on, to your disappointment, the Boeing 767-300. I think it says so in the article I posted.
JFK-ORY 757-200
JFK-Lyon 757-200