PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question

nikon50bigma
2007-10-16, 05:24 PM
I've been reading on the pages with the spotting maps that you should always take ID when spotting in case you get questioned.
I have some free time tomorrow (Wednesday), so I am planning to head out to JFK to do some spotting with a friend.
But the thing is that he doesn't have a NY State ID, he just has a school ID.
Has anyone gone spotting w/o ID and was pulled over/questioned?
Would it be advisable not to go w/ him since he doesn't have ID?
Thanks!

Iberia A340-600
2007-10-16, 05:32 PM
I've been reading on the pages with the spotting maps that you should always take ID when spotting in case you get questioned.
I have some free time tomorrow (Wednesday), so I am planning to head out to JFK to do some spotting with a friend.
But the thing is that he doesn't have a NY State ID, he just has a school ID.
Has anyone gone spotting w/o ID and was pulled over/questioned?
Would it be advisable not to go w/ him since he doesn't have ID?
Thanks!

I just use my school ID.

nikon50bigma
2007-10-16, 05:33 PM
They don't give you any problems with that since it doesn't give address or anything specific?
Or at least mine doesn't.

PhilDernerJr
2007-10-16, 06:06 PM
If you're underage, it's usually not a big deal anyway. School ID should suffice.

nikon50bigma
2007-10-16, 06:47 PM
Ok thanks guys.

cancidas
2007-10-17, 12:35 PM
the type of ID doesn't matter, just as long as you have something to show. when asked for ID i'll usually show my airport ID before my lisence, regardlesss of where i am in the world.

hiss srq
2007-10-17, 01:23 PM
Matt hit the nail on the head. That has indeed come in handy a few times for me. ID no matter what kind as long as it has a photograph and name to it should be enough to do it. If you work for an airline or with an airport it does help the cause a little bit I would say. Generally I find that it makes the police a little less suspicious personally. That has been my experince though.