PDA

View Full Version : Funny pranks

hiss srq
2007-10-10, 10:56 PM
What are some of the funny pranks you have performed on some people close to you?

Recently I decided to play a little prank on my best friend in Nebraska. I got ahold of his girlfriends mailing address (his too) and ordered a few baby catologs in her name to their place.

For fathers day I convinced my mother to help me trick my dad and we put a sonogram picture I had borrowed from someone in his fathers day card.

Another good one I played on a former boss of mine/friend was that I mailed letters with no return address to him and his girlfriends apartment stating that I was one of his ex'es and that they had a love child. I wrote about three letters and in the last one I sent a picture of my god son in the letter. I would send them from a mail box on the side of a road in New Port Richey to his apartment in Fort Meyers. (my great grandparents are buried there so I would go to visit the grave) I let the last one float for about two weeks than called him to congradulate him on his son cracking up. He was pissed! I am still waiting for him to get me back for that one. I open mail cautiously and look out for his area code but not his normal number. (I love baby pranks)

How about you guys? I am sure Phil has a few good ones.

GrummanFan
2007-10-10, 11:37 PM
I live in an on-campus apartment with three other people. One of my roommates went to Florida this past weekend, so we broke into his room and filled it with balloons. I mean completely filled with balloons. He thought it was hilarious. For the past few days we've just had a layer of balloons across the floor of the apartment, and when you walk around balloons fly everywhere. It's awesome!

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c180/GrummanFan/quick_balloon_1.jpg

adam613
2007-10-11, 12:26 AM
That reminds me of a prank we pulled on a guy who lived across the hall from me freshman year. He was on the socially conservative side, but he had a good sense of humor. I had a connection with one of the Student Health Services education groups that on occasion provided me with access to very large numbers of condoms. I was involved in a long-distance relationship at the time, so my use for them was rather limited, but the practical joker on our floor decided it would be fun to fill our conservative friend's room with them while he was in the shower. They were everywhere. In the pockets of his clothes. Under the bed. Under the mattress. In all his desk drawers. I ended up in that room a year later, and I found a few that he never did.

For a good time, do the following:

1) Find an empty cardboard 1/2 gallon milk carton.
2) Open the top on both sides
3) Fill it with thick shaving cream
4) Close the top completely
5) Put the top edge underneath a door
6) Step on the carton. Preferably when someone is in the room.

Smartass Flyboy
2007-10-11, 01:06 AM
What are some of the funny pranks you have performed on some people close to you?
How about you guys? I am sure Phil has a few good ones.

Cute, now you just have to top the phantom airplane. :)

Of course you do have April fools day all to yourself, but I warn you I told "Giggles" about it as well so she'll be on to you.

Derf
2007-10-11, 08:36 AM
If someone leaves their car window cracked open, airpop 5 heafty bags of popcorn and FILL THE CAR! :borat:

My wife left out her sisters pregnancy test so that I would think that she left hers out by accident.... SHE WAS PISSED THAT I DID NOT COME RUNNING TO HER YELLING, let alone did not say anything. She approached me 2 day later really upset. When she asked why I was NOT concerned....I told her that it would have been the milkman's and not my problem. WOW did she get pissed! (It is alway better to make a good prank backfire than come up with your own great prank!)

Mellyrose
2007-10-11, 09:05 AM
Ryan, you sure are obsessed with babies. :shock:

PhilDernerJr
2007-10-11, 02:40 PM
I was always a big prankster, but the only ones that come to mind are office pranks. Some of you have heard thee before I'm sure from me. I've also seen similar stuff on prank websites (mostly after my having done them).

Most were done when I worked in the corporate office of a bank some years ago.

- A gentleman with a heavy hispanic accent would go out ofr lunch, and he'd come back to a note on his desk saying "Hey, some lady named Ellie Font called. Not sure what she wanted, can you call her back?" The number I'd leave would be to the Zoo, and he'd call (the zoo, keep in mind) and say (with his accent) "Hello, may I speak to Ellie Font (elephant)?"

- Another guy that was very serious about his job. I'd leave him a post-it on his monitor while he was at lunch saying "Hey, I need those JCK reports ASAP! -Thanks" with no name on it. Not to mention there was no such thing as a JCK report, but it still sent him going from cube to cube in the office in a panic "Did you leave this? What's a JCK report?!"

- Take one of those large three-hole punchers and save up the little circle punches in a bag. WAit for a rainy day...literally. Find people that have long full size umbrellas and drop a handful inside. When they go outside and open it.....HAPPY NEW YEAR!

- Bring a leatherman tool or pliers to work and swap keys on the keyboard for someone that isn't a great typer. Swap the N and M keys (right next to each other) and people will be sending email to their "Regiomal Namager".

- This one sounds petty, but it can get bad quickly. While someone's away from their desk, lower the brightness on their monitor all the way until the screen is black. First, watch as they tap keys on the keyboard and shake the mouse for 15 minutes trying to end the "screensaver". Then watch them play with the on/off switch, plugs and whatever else they can think of. Then watch them call the IT dept to have them become equally confused. I did this once and the IT guy never checked the brightness on the monitor, as who would think that could be the culprit? I watched them study it for half an hour, and it was too late for me to give it up...and they took his monitor away and replaced it with another.

- I used an 18 inch ruler for this, but any long stick will do. Take a piece of a tissue and twist it, then tape it to the end of the stick, folding the pointy end of the twisted tissue to one side....so it is sticking out 90 degrees from the stick. Climb above a cubicle wall and stick the end of the tissue IN someone's ear. The feeling and the sound of the tissue in the ear is IDENTICAL to a mosquito. Watch people swat at themselves and flip out. If you're fast, you can get them and pull back before they realize it wasn't a real mosquito. I invented this, and the best reaction I ever got was when someone else got ME back....I SMACKED the s*** out of myself HARD 3 times. i turned around and saw a coworker onthe floor in tears laughing so hard.

I'll think of more later.

cancidas
2007-10-13, 03:54 AM
best one i ever did was when i was in the army as an april fools prank. my CO was really anal about preflighting his helo, almost as anal as he was about FOD. we used to find old bird nests in the buildings all over base. with the help of the maintainers and his crew chiefs we hid the nests in obscure places on his helo. he managed to find 5 of the 7 we hid after one caught fire in the avionics bay. (wasn't my idea to put it there, i swear.) he never found the one stuffed into his seat cushion though... finally about a year later someone blurted out in the chow hall that it was us that orchestrated the whole thing. we woke up the next morning to find about 10 nests full of hungry, chirping chicks in our barracks and our names scrubbed off the flight roster for two weeks. still, it was fun while it lasted.

the only other one i remember from the army was putting C4 charges on the targets when we had ROTC kids down for target practice. scared the crap out of them each time. that was thier platoon seargent's idea though.
:borat:

- Bring a leatherman tool or pliers to work and swap keys on the keyboard for someone that isn't a great typer. Swap the N and M keys (right next to each other) and people will be sending email to their "Regiomal Namager".

that's an idea phil. we have what, 15 computers at work all in the same room?