PDA

View Full Version : Delta Increases Domestic Baggage Check-In Time @ JFK

Matt Molnar
2007-10-08, 10:18 PM
An email I got from Delta tonight. :|

JFK TURNS BACK THE TIME
FOR CHECKING BAGS

Check your bags at JFK 45 minutes before flight.

Hello Mr. Molnar,

Jetting out of the Big Apple with bags? Then be sure to get there a little earlier. The baggage check-in time at John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) is changing from 30 to 45 minutes prior to scheduled departure times—regardless of how you check in. To play it safe, we recommend you arrive 90-120 minutes before your departure.

This change is effective October 15, 2007, and applies to travel on Delta, Delta Connection® carrier and other domestic Delta codeshare flights.

But arriving early has its perks! Enjoy our premium check-in and lounge facilities in newly renovated Terminal 2. Or, grab a bite or drink in one of the Terminal's new bars or restaurants. Plus the Red Coats—back and better than ever—will be at your service every step of the way!

Not checking bags? We recommend you check in and are at the gate at least 15 minutes before your flight.

As of October 1, 2007, exceptions will no longer be made for passengers who can provide proof of passport application. You must present a valid passport when traveling between the United States and Canada, Mexico or the Caribbean.

And don't forget to visit delta.com for all your travel needs. Book your next flight (and avoid up to $20 in booking fees!), check in online, and view the most accurate, up-to-date Award seat availability information with our new online Award Calendar—you'll skip direct ticketing charges for booking an Award ticket at delta.com. Then check out our Delta Blog where we'll take you "under the wing" and behind the scenes as we share stories on ideas, changes and our people.

hiss srq
2007-10-08, 10:24 PM
Shizzzam! and passengers misseing flights will climb ten percent on this one I would bet. Here is to easy non reving from JFK for the forseeable future on Delta from JFK.

T-Bird76
2007-10-08, 10:47 PM
AA is already 45 mins at JFK so Delta is simply matching what most of the others already require. I don't think its indicative of a customer service issue. Its just indicative of the amount of people traveling, the lack of staff the airlines have to move baggage, and the amount of baggage being moved through JFK.

stuart schechter
2007-10-09, 11:05 AM
I think that this is normal as well. Just matching what other airlines have and I thought this was common sense already.