PDA

View Full Version : Forum Rules and Issues - PLEASE READ

PhilDernerJr
2007-10-04, 07:39 PM
Hey all,

The message boards are getting busier than ever, and we're experiencing some growing pains. One problem is that we now need a more specific set of rules that everyone can reference. We are now putting together a better defined set of rules so everyone knows what we can and can't do so we are all on the same page.

We are also building and building, and we do not have the technical capability to have automated notifications when your posts are moderated at this time. We are working on procedures for that as well.

Also, there have been many heated debates on the boards, some with even myself participating in. These debates let a lot of anger into threads and make it somewhat uncomfortable for members, newer and older, to take part in discussions. In addition, it takes us away from the fact that we are here to enjoy aviation, not to get upset over it.

Because of that, please keep the following in mind:

- Don't take the boards too seriously! There is little here that should make any upset or personally insulted. Respect people's opinions and don't let it get to you, especially after you log off. I've have had profanity-filled battles on other sites in the past, but still shook hands with the other person when meeting up. In the end, we're all on the same team.

- Do not begin debates in threads that are not intended to have a debate to begin with, or where a debate will take the thread off-topic. Feel free to utilize the PM function in these situations if you have something to say to a member.

- Attack the post and not the poster. Learn to disagree without telling the person he is stupid, even indirectly with sarcastic remarks. Explain your points with terms like "I feel," "I think," to be less aggressive.

- Off-topic jokes happen, and they make the boards fun when among friends. But do not hijack the thread. Any off-topic jokes or posts will be deleted after 2 are made in a thread.

If you have a problem with the site or a member or are insulted by a post, LET ME KNOW!!! We can't read every single post that's made on here. If a post violates the rules or you think it is out of line or needs to be modded, email moderators at [email protected], or email PM me or email me at [email protected] for more personal matters. We can't take action against things that we don't know about, and problems will only fester and get worse if you keep them a secret. I don't want to hear about your beefs with the site from third parties or six months after the fact. We're here to help and we can't help you like that.

The goal of this site is to assist people in enjoying aviation, and the boards are a way of letting you communicate on a more personal level than you see on other sites. Your participation in making it better is vital.

If you have questions, issues or just want to talk about these rules or upcoming rules, PM me, email me, or we can even set up a time to talk about it on the phone in more detail. Just contact me to set that up.

Thanks,

-Phil

Derf
2007-10-05, 10:41 AM
:borat: