PDA

View Full Version : I met RICHARD BRANSON today....!!!!!!

Mellyrose
2007-09-28, 07:29 PM
So yeah...I've been super busy all week, so when I was called up front to man the desk while the receptionist ran an errand, I was slightly annoyed it was pulling me away from my project.

Little did I know...

Just 15 minutes later, I'm just minding my own business, reading a book to pass the time until she got back, and I hear the elevator *ding* so I put the book down and look up and WHO WALKS INTO MY OFFICE?! Sir Richard Branson. I have never been so star struck in my life. My heart was pounding and I must have been making the stupidest face ever. I greeted him with a (probably goofy) smile and asked who he was there to see and before he could answer, someone else came out to greet him. He asked if he could have a mint (!?!?) off of the desk, I told him yes and that was it. He was friendly and had a strong presence...but it was all pretty much a blur. :shock:

REALLY ****ING COOL. :mrgreen:

MarkLawrence
2007-09-28, 07:43 PM
Damn Mel.....no autograph??? No picture???? :lol:

Mellyrose
2007-09-28, 07:45 PM
I'm a professional :)

MarkLawrence
2007-09-28, 07:56 PM
Goofy smile = professional??? :lol: Just kidding!! Lucky you!

N790SW
2007-09-28, 08:27 PM
Maybe The name of one of Virgins new 787s is going to be.....

Mellyrose 8)

Then that would be ****ing cool.

NcSchu
2007-09-29, 08:29 AM
Soo jealous. :borat:

mirrodie
2007-09-29, 09:22 AM
So yeah...I've been super busy all week, so when I was called up front to man the desk while the receptionist ran an errand, I was slightly annoyed it was pulling me away from my project.

Little did I know...

Just 15 minutes later, I'm just minding my own business, reading a book to pass the time until she got back, and I hear the elevator *ding* so I put the book down and look up and WHO WALKS INTO MY OFFICE?! Sir Richard Branson. I have never been so star struck in my life. My heart was pounding and I must have been making the stupidest face ever. I greeted him with a (probably goofy) smile and asked who he was there to see and before he could answer, someone else came out to greet him. He asked if he could have a mint (!?!?) off of the desk, I told him yes and that was it. He was friendly and had a strong presence...but it was all pretty much a blur. :shock:

REALLY ****ING COOL. :mrgreen:

Sounds like an episode out of Seinfeld :)

And so you met this plug ***** airline CEO and didn't plug your BF's site??!!!! :wink:

lijk604
2007-09-29, 12:54 PM
I mean you should have at least given him an NYCA postcard!

Could you imagine if all of a sudden we get a new user - "SRB CEO VA".

Now THAT would be COOL!

emshighway
2007-09-29, 12:56 PM
He didn't invite you to the Victoria's Secret Pajama Party???? :x

mirrodie
2007-09-29, 01:42 PM
I mean you should have at least given him an NYCA postcard!

Yeah, Mel. What happened? Were you that star struck? I mean it's not like you met Sasha :borat: