PDA

View Full Version : Changing the "view" color topics....

Alex T
2007-09-23, 11:16 PM
On the side, we have what seems to be a peachy, orange looking color to show new topics have been posted.

Is there a way to get rid of it once I have viewed the forums for it?

Example, I will open a topic in the Off topic, read it, go back to Off Topic, I see some new posts made, but none interest me, once I leave the off topic, the color should go to white, showing I have viewed the forum....

However it stays orange/peach looking, why? Do I have to read every topic in there?

It confuses me, because I forget and don't know if someone posted something new and I go back to look in the off topic, and I see everything I want to view, is already viewed, yet it does not change to white.

Just wondered how it "Tracks" what was viewed, and is there a way to make it once I have viewed the Off Topic forum, regardless if I actually opened any topics, it goes back to "already viewed" and stays that way until someone makes a new topic or a new post?

Once again, thanks for all you do here.

Alex

Matt Molnar
2007-09-23, 11:42 PM
Click the "Mark Topics Read" box above the "Last Post" column of each section page.

http://nycentric.com/pics/topics.jpg

Alex T
2007-09-23, 11:46 PM
I knew i wasn't catching something!! :lol: :lol:
Thanks!

Alex

Matt Molnar
2007-09-23, 11:56 PM
No prob. I'm going to try to make the link more prominent as I think a lot of people have the same problem.