PDA

View Full Version : Brainlessness and Vanishing Blue Jeans

PhilDernerJr
2007-09-18, 05:24 PM
I just had to share this story.

Two weeks ago I was at a bbq with a lot of people, many of whom I did not know. It was a great time.

However, at one point I was in line waiting to get some food, when the lady in front of my dropped a bottle of salad dressing on the floor. It landed right in front of my foot, sending dressing all over my jeans on my left leg.

This lady, in all seriousness, LUNGED for paper towels, and then proceeded to clean up.....the salad bottle! She completely ignored the fact that she had just ruin a pair of my jeans. Never said sorry or acknowledged it whatsoever. I just stood there, motionless, commentless, in shock.

What could have been going through this person's mind? What would she have said had I spoken up or told her that she was responsible for ruining my clothing?

Scary.

cancidas
2007-09-18, 05:49 PM
for the first time in a long time i've had a good comeback when i found a new post, but due to my company's blocking software i can't get a pic of a washing machine to post here. DAMN!! :evil:

mirrodie
2007-09-18, 06:07 PM
Of course the obvious question is....

why are you wearing jeans on 90+ degree summer wx?

:wink: :mrgreen:

PhilDernerJr
2007-09-18, 06:22 PM
1. I don't wear shorts.

2. It wasn't 90, as we've had a very mild summer, especially the past few weeks.

3. (to Matt) Oil and Vinegar doesn't come out when half a bottle is poured on you.

Midnight Mike
2007-09-18, 07:48 PM
I just had to share this story.

Two weeks ago I was at a bbq with a lot of people, many of whom I did not know. It was a great time.

However, at one point I was in line waiting to get some food, when the lady in front of my dropped a bottle of salad dressing on the floor. It landed right in front of my foot, sending dressing all over my jeans on my left leg.

This lady, in all seriousness, LUNGED for paper towels, and then proceeded to clean up.....the salad bottle! She completely ignored the fact that she had just ruin a pair of my jeans. Never said sorry or acknowledged it whatsoever. I just stood there, motionless, commentless, in shock.

What could have been going through this person's mind? What would she have said had I spoken up or told her that she was responsible for ruining my clothing?

Scary.

Maybe she thought you had an accident? :wink: :lol: :roll: :D

T-Bird76
2007-09-18, 08:10 PM
That is pretty dam rude. Did you say something to her?

PhilDernerJr
2007-09-18, 09:09 PM
When she didn't immediately say something apologetic, I decided to stand still and wait to see if she'd do something. When she cleaned the bottle and still ignored me, I continued to wait, just to give her a chance to do or say something. When it was "over" and I realized she still was not going to do anything, I decided to avoid conflict, since I didn't know exactly who this was in relation to the host of the bbq. Otherwise I tend to make too much of a scene.

RDU-JFK
2007-09-19, 08:33 AM
Unbelievable.

Matt Molnar
2007-09-19, 10:52 AM
Between the blood and the salad dressing this hasn't been a good month for Phil's jeans.

mirrodie
2007-09-19, 11:14 AM
1. I don't wear shorts.

2. It wasn't 90, as we've had a very mild summer, especially the past few weeks.

3. (to Matt) Oil and Vinegar doesn't come out when half a bottle is poured on you.

1. The person who spooged you was a completely inconsiderate imbecile.

2. Ok, so it was 75 degrees. We need to get you some shorts regardless.

3. My rxn to her might been as un-confrontational...perhaps" Oh, shoot, forgive me for allowing you to spill that on me. Goodness me, I'm so clumsy at times! :mrgreen: "

cancidas
2007-09-19, 11:54 AM
3. My rxn to her might been as un-confrontational...perhaps" Oh, shoot, forgive me for allowing you to spill that on me. Goodness me, I'm so clumsy at times! :mrgreen: "

mario, sarcasm only works if the other party is smart enough to understand it.

MarkLawrence
2007-09-19, 12:15 PM
It comes down to one thing that is sorely lacking in society these day, and yes, I'm generalizing here at lot, but the total lack of common decency - it's everywhere these days..the way that the majority of people drive, things like Phil's incident, generally in day-to-day life. Just my personal opinion...

Mellyrose
2007-09-19, 07:42 PM
I need to add that not only did she rush to grab the paper towels, but she also grabbed them from me...and I was actually reaching for them to clean PHIL. When I realized that she had no intention of helping us, I muttered under my breath "for the bottle, of course." I don't think she heard me though.

NIKV69
2007-09-20, 07:36 AM
I decided to avoid conflict

Good idea in theory but in practice it just enables people like her to act the way she did. You should have def said something snotty (not too nasty) and then let her know she would be getting a bill for the jeans. If I spill something on someone I pay for the item ASAP. It's the right thing to do. By being passive you will get nothing, by being passive agressive you at least have a chance of getting reimbursed for your loss. This woman acted horribly. Have you tried to save the jeans?

Mellyrose
2007-09-20, 07:54 AM
Phil has literally lost 3 pairs of jeans this month, too (blood from hand, accidental tear, salad dressing). Sucks :(

PhilDernerJr
2007-09-20, 12:59 PM
It was actually 3 pair within one week.

Nick, I agree, but in the setting of some family members and others who I'm new and a guest around, I thought it better that their first impressions of me not include creating conflict with some lady.

I also couldn't even come up with anything good, as I was shocked by what I was witnessing. I give people too much credit.