PDA

View Full Version : Southwest has a mini-skirt sale!

Alex T
2007-09-14, 05:41 PM
Southwest Airlines Issues an Apology and Lowers Fares to Match Now Infamous Mini Skirt
Friday September 14, 4:31 pm ET

DALLAS, Sept. 14 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- In classic Southwest Airlines flair, CEO Gary Kelly today made a public apology to one of its Customers whose trip several months ago has become the subject of recent television and newspaper commentary. Company President Colleen Barrett has reached out to the Customer directly, and Kelly issued Kyla Ebbert an apology and invitation to again fly on Southwest as she taped a television show.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/070914/laf069.html?.v=14

Say what you want, claim I am biased, but I believe WN did a VERY classy thing, and what it is known for, by turning a bad PR, whether the airline was right or wrong, issued a public apology then made light of the problems and introduced a normal sale, but called it a mini skirt sale.

Well done Southwest, absolutely well done, and once again provides the classyness you are known for, no one has to like it but EVERYBODY knows about it.

Alex

mirrodie
2007-09-14, 06:01 PM
Sorry Alex, but what a joke.

N790SW
2007-09-14, 07:49 PM
Good job On Southwest's part- again look at who its coming from... lol

I also heard that when this lady Kyla was on the "Ellen" show that half the audience was on Southwest's side as my mom said, and we all know there can not be any Southwest haters in my family!!!

In all fairness I really think that if you are going on a plane where there will be families and other young individuals, dress appropriately.

lijk604
2007-09-14, 07:52 PM
This is what's known as trying to save face, AND make yourself look good in the media. :roll:

nwafan20
2007-09-15, 12:49 AM
This is just damage control at this point. They discovered that this story was full of bad press and not going away, so what do you do? Put fares on sale to bring customers, both new and old, to the site.

Smart move on WN's part, turning bad press into marketing.

SoPictureThis
2007-09-15, 02:16 AM
Southwest....classy....riiiiiiiiight..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Ever been on a foreign airline? Particularly some of the Asian, Middle Eastern, and Euro carriers? I think we all (even the younger ones around here) KNOW that the concept of "class," though once omnipresent in the world of airtravel, is DEAD. Like, Britney Spears' career dead...

Fly Emirates, Singapore, Virgin Atlantic, ANA, or Cathay Pacific...let me know if you still consider SWA classy.

That's probably the most ridiculous thing I've heard in a while. As Mario said, whata joke... :roll:

- jMay

PhilDernerJr
2007-09-15, 12:09 PM
I don't see it as damage control, but I think it's a way to put a positive spin on a lot of silliness.

Alex T
2007-09-15, 01:22 PM
Southwest....classy....riiiiiiiiight..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Ever been on a foreign airline? Particularly some of the Asian, Middle Eastern, and Euro carriers? I think we all (even the younger ones around here) KNOW that the concept of "class," though once omnipresent in the world of airtravel, is DEAD. Like, Britney Spears' career dead...

Fly Emirates, Singapore, Virgin Atlantic, ANA, or Cathay Pacific...let me know if you still consider SWA classy.

That's probably the most ridiculous thing I've heard in a while. As Mario said, whata joke... :roll:

- jMay

Classy by the people of Southwest Airlines to be able to have a sense of humor with the entire situation.

Like I said no one has to like it but EVERYONE knows about it.

SWA has always been known for this type of behavior, and once again Josh, this is AMERICA, not other foreign countries, HARDLY, not EVEN worth a comparision to compare SWA to foreign airlines.

Without a doubt in terms of classiness SERVICE, foreign airline beats the crap out of WN and most other US Airlines too.

By Classy I mean the people of Southwest Airlines.

Alex

Administrator
2007-09-16, 10:36 PM
A post in this thread which made an insulting comment was deleted, as was the posts that replied to it, for housekeeping purposes.

Please state your debates and criticism in more respectful manners and tones.