PDA

View Full Version : JFK - 9/15, 9/16

Northwest747
2007-09-13, 09:03 PM
Hello all, I'm new to this board. Just wondering if anyone's gonna be out at JFK this weekend (9/15, 9/16)? I'd like to get together with some of y'all, I've never been to any one of the spots mentioned on this site, so it'd be nice to know if someone can show me around so I won't get lost. :P

I'm always hangin around Planeview, but it would be nice to get something different.

By the way, one question, are one of the spots that are mentioned on this site easily accessible by train or bus?

Thanks. :)

moose135
2007-09-14, 12:24 AM
Weather's not looking great for Saturday, but if it's nice, I may head out on Sunday.

adam613
2007-09-15, 10:58 PM
The weather ended up being pretty nice today. I hope someone made it out!

Most of the good spots on the map for JFK are accessible by public transit.

I haven't figured out Howard Beach yet but I know it's possible.

The Mounds - take the E or J train or the Long Island Railroad to Jamaica Center, then take the Q111/113 bus to 147th Ave and 230th St. Then walk down 230th to the Mound.

Boston Market/Burger King/Wendy's/Firestone - Same as the Mounds, except stay on the Q113 until you get to the correct parking lot on Rockaway Blvd. The Q111 doesn't go there. You can also get the Q113 by taking the A train or the LIRR to Far Rockaway; the Q113 goes across Bay Channel Drive.

Bayswater Park - Take the A or the Long Island Railroad to Far Rockaway, then walk north on Mott Ave to the end. It's about a 20-minute walk, and it's not a very good neighborhood, so don't look too wealthy.

North Woodmere Park - it's about a 2-mile walk from the Cedarhurst or Woodmere LIRR stations. I haven't been there on foot before, so I don't know the best route.

(Phil - any chance of posting some of this info on the spotting maps page?)

PhilDernerJr
2007-09-16, 11:58 AM
I'll try to do that this week. :)

nikon50bigma
2007-09-16, 12:46 PM

The Mounds - take the E or J train or the Long Island Railroad to Jamaica Center, then take the Q111/113 bus to 147th Ave and 230th St. Then walk down 230th to the Mound.

Boston Market/Burger King/Wendy's/Firestone - Same as the Mounds, except stay on the Q113 until you get to the correct parking lot on Rockaway Blvd. The Q111 doesn't go there. You can also get the Q113 by taking the A train or the LIRR to Far Rockaway; the Q113 goes across Bay Channel Drive.

Bayswater Park - Take the A or the Long Island Railroad to Far Rockaway, then walk north on Mott Ave to the end. It's abo

North Woodmere Park - it's about a 2-mile walk from the Cedarhurst or Woodmere LIRR stations. I haven't been there on foot before, so I don't know the best route.

Whoa! Thankyou! Thats the type of info I need since, I don't live in Queens.

Northwest747
2007-09-18, 08:36 PM

Bayswater Park - Take the A or the Long Island Railroad to Far Rockaway, then walk north on Mott Ave to the end. It's about a 20-minute walk, and it's not a very good neighborhood, so don't look too wealthy.

Thanks a lot for the info. I'll be sure to print this out and take it with me when I visit one of these spots, probably this weekend.