PDA

View Full Version : Strange Appendage in Photo

heeshung
2007-09-06, 10:53 PM
I was recently looking at http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6056845 and noticed that surprisingly, everyone in that heli has a smile in some way. I also noticed a strange arm and hand that seems to belong to no one in the middle of the window. I don't know if I'm missing anything, but I can't place the arm on anyone. The arm is very visible, right behind the woman with the white sleeves and is up in the air. It looks as if it's sprouting from the woman's bottom.

If you look closely, the people in the back are too far for the arm to be their's. Meanwhile, the lady in the front with the white sleeves has to be in a very awkward position for that to be her's, but the colors of the sleeves don't match anyway. The pilot is also too far, and the woman between the pilot and the woman with the white sleeves in the front seems to be holding her camera with two arms, and smiling. Her right arm isn't visible, but her left is. That arm seems too far away to be the woman's right arm.

I don't know if I'm missing something, or something that may not be clicking in my mind, but I just can't see a logical place for where that arm is coming from.

Here's a closeup:
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r89/UnitedVirtualResources/arm.jpg

The only place the arm COULD be coming from would probably be the passenger at the very left in the back seat, but even so, would be a very awkward position. I can't even confirm there was a third occupant in the back since he/she isn't visible.

moose135
2007-09-06, 11:08 PM
The orange object sticking up that you think is an arm looks to be part of the right front seat back. The hand belongs to the passenger in the left rear, his/her arm is the dark object below and angling down and to the left of the photo.

heeshung
2007-09-06, 11:18 PM
Ah. I think I see it now. The red part is the front seat's armrest, and it looks like the arm belongs to the person in the backseat and to the left. It looks as if he's trying to push the armrest down. His arm was camouflaged against the dark part which made the armrest look like the arm.

It's even harder to tell in the original.

nikon50bigma
2007-09-06, 11:23 PM
Yep, I think Moose is right.
It's connected right to the dark black sleve which is hard to see.