PDA

View Full Version : NYC Taxi strike....sort of?

mirrodie
2007-09-05, 09:16 AM
CBS 880 went to cover the strike but it seems its a half-witted attempt.

The T+L spokesman, who sounded like a 12 year old girl, was trying to convince CBS that there was a strike but apparently seems there are enough tazis out there to make one wonder.

So, is it evident that there is a strike?

RDU-JFK
2007-09-05, 10:30 AM
I saw on the news that contingency plans are in effect but several other taxi unions have not gone on strike so you can get a cab.

These cabbies are idiots for striking. The only reason they hate the GPS is that now they can't rip people off for taking routes that go out of the way and cost more money. Also all cabs should have the technology to pay with a credit card.

Oh well as silly as this is its better than that damn MTA strike a few years ago. Boy did that ruin my Christmas holiday.

PhilDernerJr
2007-09-05, 10:48 AM
No cabs in the city makes me want to rent a car and drive around Manhattan. They should strike more often!

cancidas
2007-09-05, 03:58 PM
No cabs in the city makes me want to rent a car and drive around Manhattan. They should strike more often!

LOL!!

hiss srq
2007-09-06, 10:41 AM
It was beautiful yesterday during morning rush hour no traffic, no people cutting me off. The same went today when I got in a little while ago.

Matt Molnar
2007-09-06, 10:57 AM
I took the bus to work today, barely any traffic.

LGA777
2007-09-07, 10:03 AM
On my M60 Bus part of my commute from 125th and Lex to LGA both Wed and Thur the busses where no more crowded than usual. Leaving LGA around 2200 both nights the lines for cabs where not bad at all but very noticably less cabs than normal, maybe about 20 pct of a normal amount.

LGA777

NIKV69
2007-09-07, 10:06 AM
These cabbies are idiots for striking. The only reason they hate the GPS is that now they can't rip people off for taking routes that go out of the way and cost more money

I knew when they said GPS that had something to do with it. They def don't want anyone to be able to know where they are.

Yea a strike when only some are striking is not going to be very effective.