PDA

View Full Version : If you won the mega millions tonight

hiss srq
2007-08-31, 02:39 PM
So I was thinking last night as I bought my 5 bucks woth of ticket at a gas station what I would do if I won 325 million and I think I would probably buy a few cannons and a few lenses to go with it. The obvious being a Kingair or smaller perhaps even smaller. I would go buy a few cars and a house than dump the rest in the bank and go back to school and rack up the degrees. I would also probably open up a trendy resteraunt in Long Beach here and live happy.

moose135
2007-08-31, 02:53 PM
I'd become NYCA's answer to Sam Chui - wouldn't worry about work, just travel the world taking photos. And no, Nick, that doesn't mean I'd trade my Canon for a Nikon :D

lijk604
2007-08-31, 03:07 PM
The folks here in the office were discussing this very topic today.

I'd probably do something similar to Moose, dump most of the money into a well paying mutual fund so I could live off the interest, and travel to places near and far for photography. I wouldn't limit it to just aviation though, one of these days I want to take a tour of South Dakota & Wyoming. My boss just came back and looking up the places he was at, I now have a reason for wanting to travel there.

If I were to buy an aircraft like hiss suggests, the King Air 200 would be my chioce as well. It can get you just about anywhere you want to (short runways) and if you have all the time in the world, make a few stops a long the way and enjoy the scenery.

Ahhh to dream..

cancidas
2007-08-31, 04:41 PM
seriously, pay off my parent's houses and gut renovate them both. buy myself my own place and maybe a new truck. maybe i'd even get the PC-12 in the 66th AGRS paint... ;)

PhilDernerJr
2007-08-31, 08:41 PM
Easy.

ATA L-1011 flying all of us on a 2-month vacation to great airports around the world.

Don't have a DSLR? I'll get you one. Can't take so much time off of work? I'll pay you two months salary.

hiss srq
2007-08-31, 09:02 PM
God I hope Phil wins if I don't.

nwafan20
2007-09-01, 12:24 PM
Easy.

ATA L-1011 flying all of us on a 2-month vacation to great airports around the world.

Don't have a DSLR? I'll get you one. Can't take so much time off of work? I'll pay you two months salary.

Could you get me a 100-400 L too? :lol:

mirrodie
2007-09-01, 01:14 PM
Great topic thread.

dump most of the money into a well paying mutual fund so I could live off the interest, and travel to places near and far for photography.
Ahhh to dream..

I'd fall into the same boat.

seriously, pay off my parent's houses and gut renovate them both.

Yep.

I'd do the same but in the 787 ;)

I have given this a lot of thought.

In order, first thing is first:

a) conference call with the accountant and financial advisor to square away how to best invest the monies. Within those priorities would be making sure our parents' well-being and children(s) education is prepared.

b) setting up for us, as John put it, the best investment for our future well-being.

c) some donations to some cherished charities.

d) Look into the possibility of jhomes in Australia, Czech Republic and Thailand. Then re-evaluate our needs and priorites with the current home.

e) Discuss with Boeing a wet lease of the 787. I would invite you all for a romp around the world, an exclusive nyca spotter's trip.

f) re-work my career options.

stuart schechter
2007-09-01, 07:37 PM
Well, we won $4... Were that much closer to that trip!!!

hiss srq
2007-09-01, 08:10 PM
Well it looks like I contin ue comeing to work here for the time being.