PDA

View Full Version : Delta Airlines JFK Terminal 2/3 (Dis)Appreciation Thread!

RDU-JFK
2007-08-29, 10:29 AM
Hey all,

I figure its time to start a fun thread on the good old JFK Worldport. Despite it being a dump it is one of my favorite terminals (not to travel through, but just because of the history and uniqueness). If you have any stories, photos, or experiences (good or bad), please post them here! Also if you know of any old Pan Am Evidence still around please post as well.

I flew out of there this past Sunday morning and the domestic check-in was a zoo. Snakes of lines all merging into a sea of people and chaos. There was an 'Accra check-in line' under the domestic check-in area. Why wouldn't this be in the int'l check-in area??? Also the fire alarms were going off non-stop, complete with disco lights and all. By gate 3, they had an old-school NYC public schools fire drill bell--brought back nostalgia from being at P.S. 193! I also saw about 4 birds (1 pigeon, 3 sparrows), 3 leaking ceiling panels, 2 roaches, and nowhere to sit!

Some other cool Pan-Am stuff I found:
-Pam-Am blue mosaic-like tiles on the floor by the shopping area by gate 11
-In terminal 2 by the old gate 19 I noted faded "a" and "b" letters on the facade of the gate areas above the doors. These were in Pan-Am blue letters. Anyone know what these doors are for?

Once again please feel free to use this forum as a rant of Delta's Terminals/Customer Service at JFK and post your experiences here!

Smartass Flyboy
2007-08-30, 04:43 AM
Hey all,
-In terminal 2 by the old gate 19 I noted faded "a" and "b" letters on the facade of the gate areas above the doors. These were in Pan-Am blue letters. Anyone know what these doors are for?

I don't recall which doors you mean, but if they were in 2 the letters were not in "PanAm" Blue as that originally was the Northwest/Northeast Terminal, later the Northwest/Delta Terminal. after th Delta/Northeast merger DL was in the side facing the Worldport and NW had the side that now faces T1 (then Eastern)

RDU-JFK
2007-08-30, 08:21 AM
[quote="RDU-JFK":936bb]Hey all,

I don't recall which doors you mean, but if they were in 2 the letters were not in "PanAm" Blue as that originally was the Northwest/Northeast Terminal, later the Northwest/Delta Terminal. after th Delta/Northeast merger DL was in the side facing the Worldport and NW had the side that now faces T1 (then Eastern)[/quote:936bb]

Well the gate is right next to 20. You can see these letters right before you enter T2 as you're walking through the connector between T2 and T3. Thanks for the post though!