PDA

View Full Version : NAS Oceana Airshow

Steven Holzinger
2007-08-23, 03:07 PM
Anyone besides SCOTTYDEMCO and I gonna be there this year? It's September 7-9 and features the Blue Angels, the Red Devils, the fleet aircraft at Oceana, demos by the E-2C Hawkeye, F-15E Strike Eagle, F/A-18C Hornet, F/A-18F Super Hornet, F-22 Raptor, and an F-117 Nighthawk - among a HUGE selection of aerobatic performers with the likes of Skip Stewart, Rob Holland, Dale Snodgrass and Ed Shipley (Dueling Sabres), Steve Oliver, Manfred Radius, Bill Leff, the Skytypers, and much more!!! Sadly there's no more Tomcats, but hey,

Oh, and it's at NAS Oceana in Virginia Beach, VA. Admission is free, but to get better seats, grandstand seats are $5 at the show and box seats are $15. Executive squadron chalet seats are $50 and include all the food and drink you can eat.

http://www.oceanaairshow.com

Greg_NY
2007-08-23, 07:30 PM
Steven,

I will be there - it's shaping up to be an amazing show, now with the 3 ship Starfighter performance being added.

Last year I was in the executive squadron chalet and it was definitely worth it. I'll be there again on the Saturday.

Mateo
2007-08-25, 12:24 PM
Planning on it for now - between the show in Virginia Beach and NASCAR being at RIC that same day, it's a 15/16 hour r/t from Washington. So far, I've got the same itinerary planned as last year - RMN, OFP, RIC, NTU, ORF, NGU, PHF, RIC.

Nick
2007-08-26, 01:35 AM
Same weekend as my drill weekend. I have some choices to make..

Mateo
2007-08-26, 10:14 AM
Nick,
Call the PAO at Oceana, and see if you can get one of the HC-130s added to the static. Then "volunteer" to be one of the exhibitors or merch sellers, or whatever. Voila! Everybody wins!

nikon50bigma
2007-08-27, 08:02 PM
I'll try to be there. I want to see the F-117 before they are all decomissioned.

Nick
2007-08-28, 11:34 PM
Not a bad idea, I'm goin for a loadmaster slot, so I may attend a show or two in my life.. :D