PDA

View Full Version : What A Difference!!

Gerard
2007-08-18, 03:35 PM
Wow what a difference a day makes!!!
Last night as I was leaving work in Manhattan at 4PM the sky darkens and some nasty thunderstorms start heading in. At 6:20 I was at Route 106 and Old Country Road taking my son to the Hicksville LIRR station and as a second round of T-storms starts to move in from the west here comes a Dauphin helicopter about 500 feet speeding eastbound over O.C. Road outracing the storm which had some wild lightning. By 8PM all clear and a number of copters passed over my house east and west. In fact at 10:30 N355AG was heading into Manhattan on a "scouting mission" 2000 feet and below over Midtown. In case you didnt know 355AG is piloted by ace aerial cinema pilot Al Cerullo.
http://www.hoverviews.com
Now today is an absolutely beautiful VFR day with a nice breeze and temps in the low 70s. I finished a bunch of errands with my wife then headed over to FRG about 1:30 to see what was going on. Thought maybe the jets for the Yankee fly-over would be there but no go. Then just as I was about to park over by the Main terminal my wife calls and I had to head out to Hicksville to pick up my dog at the groomer. Oh well!! LOL!! It was actually kinda quiet at FRG with the planes departing and landing on 32.
Well finishing up here and out I go again. Just too nice to be inside!! Enjoy all.

hiss srq
2007-08-18, 03:58 PM
The flyover birds are here at LGA. There rubber now 3 minutes fresh on 31. We had tons of choppers trying to outrun that weather last night. Everyone was on frequency last night hustleing east.

Gerard
2007-08-19, 10:36 AM
> We had tons of choppers trying to outrun that weather last night. Everyone was on frequency last night hustleing east<

Gotta get to the Hamptons!! On Liberty Helicopters company freq. the pilots were clueing each other in on where the weather was.