PDA

View Full Version : Vick now accused of drowning and hanging dogs

hiss srq
2007-08-17, 02:41 PM
http://sports.aol.com/story/_a/falcons- ... 4609990008 (http://sports.aol.com/story/_a/falcons-vick-accused-of-executing-dogs/n20070817134609990008)

This is disgusting. Every day more comes out on this and my reasoning of this case gets less and less to the point where I think he should just serve a half decade and pay ungodly amounts of money out in fines. Aftyer that they should make him volunteer in an animal care facility.

Matt Molnar
2007-08-20, 02:45 PM
He pleaded guilty today. I'm guessing some sort of ban from the NFL will be announced shortly.

NIKV69
2007-08-20, 03:54 PM
Yep. would think Atlanta will release him too. Horrible things this person has done.

lijk604
2007-08-20, 03:54 PM
I can't imagine the Falcons keeping him. There has to be some sort of morality clause that gives them the right to terminate him $104million contract. What an deek!

Matt Molnar
2007-08-22, 04:36 PM
Starbury gots Mike's back!

Marbury Calls Dogfighting a Sport (http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8R695D01&show_article=1)
Aug 22 03:45 PM US/Eastern

NEW YORK (AP) - New York Knicks guard Stephon Marbury defended Michael Vick, calling dogfighting a sport and comparing it to hunting.

Marbury spoke Monday about the federal dogfighting conspiracy charges against Vick while promoting his basketball shoe in Albany, N.Y.

"I think it's tough," Marbury said, according to Albany TV station Capital News 9. "I think, you know, we don't say anything about people who shoot deer or shoot other animals. You know, from what I hear, dogfighting is a sport. It's just behind closed doors."

On Monday, Vick said through a lawyer that he will plead guilty to a federal charge of conspiracy to travel in interstate commerce in aid of unlawful activities and conspiracy to sponsor a dog in an animal fighting venture. He also faces possible prosecution in Virginia.

"I think it's tough that we build Michael Vick up and then we break him down," Marbury said. "I think he's one of the superb athletes, and he's a good human being. I just think that he fell into a bad situation."
Some dude from the NAACP also came to Vick's defense today, saying he's being persecuted by the media worse than if he had murdered a human.

PhilDernerJr
2007-08-22, 04:51 PM
I don't think it's a sport. I think it's very inhumane, but I do think that the media is acting as though what he did is much worse than it really is. They really are comparing it to murder.

hiss srq
2007-08-22, 05:29 PM
Well, he did indeed kill dogs but again the rebuttal to that would be hunting. The bigger issue is it IS a crime and as a role model which he WAS to many it is a unwise thing to do. It is being made such a big deal because his name is as big as it is and many look up to him. They need to do this in my opinon. An example needs to be made. Pete Rose and his gambleing comes to mind as another benchmark that needed to happen. This NBA guy is another beautiful example that needs to be made as well. He will probably get of with a much lesser sentance than the average joe as it is so my take it that in every other sense as far as his career in the NFL he should be lynched. A lifetime ban would be a great idea. Massive fines would be another one as well. If Pete Rose could not ever earn a paycheck from the MLB for gambleing Vick should get at least that from the NFL and than some. To allow him to play after all is said and done would be a smack in the face as well as telling the younger generations that is is okay to do things like such because when all is said and done the money and job will still be there on a majorly public level.

PhilDernerJr
2007-08-22, 05:54 PM
The gambling issues are different, as the violation is in reference to the game itself.

Hunting is not a good comparison, as there is other benefits to hunting, such as eating the meat or using the animal for clothing.

USAF Pilot 07
2007-08-22, 06:31 PM
There is a HUGE difference between hunting/fishing and dogfighting...

Dogfighting involves taking "domesticated" animals and training them to kill... You are watching, and egging on, two animals in the hopes that one will kill the other as ruthlessly and as violently as possible.

Hunting is a completely different animal (no pun intended). How many of these dog-fighters are using the meat from these dead dogs to feed their families? How many of these dog-fighters are limiting their fighting? (not just because of money)

Dog fighting is a savage street crime. These people calling it a sport are only trying to mitigate the damage Vick has done, or are trying to make excuses or justify their poor upbringing or hoodlum, thuggish lifestyles...

Matt Molnar
2007-08-23, 02:48 PM
http://www.sfgate.com/n/pictures/2007/08/21/rocky5.jpg
[Wagging tail in agreement]: The Atlanta Humane Society is now accepting Michael Vick t-shirts and jerseys. They'll be used as bedding, chew toys and rags for cleaning up dog doo. Which is only appropriate, right, Rocky?