PDA

View Full Version : Embraer to Alter its Logo

emshighway
2007-08-14, 03:32 PM
SAO JOSE DOS CAMPOS, Brazil, Aug. 14 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- As of August 19, when it celebrates 38 years of victories in a history marked by significant achievements in the highly competitive international aviation market, Embraer will introduce a major improvement to its logo, recognized worldwide for its aircraft excellence and reliability in the airline, executive jet, defense and government, and aviation services markets.
The change preserves the essence of the traditional logo, while it highlights the Embraer brand name by providing a more harmonious balance between the name -- on the right -- and the "E" symbol (stylized as a bird silhouette) -- on the left. As opposed to its original layout, the Embraer brand name will double in size, while the dimensions of the stylized "E" symbol will remain unchanged.
Embraer's logo was created when the Company was founded, in 1969, by Jose Maria Ramis Melquizo, a Spanish painter who obtained Brazilian citizenship. Three years later, in 1972, Ramis became an Embraer employee, and worked in the creation department until 1985.
Ramis lives in Sao Jose dos Campos, where he is totally dedicated to painting, having developed an intense and successful career, including exhibitions in the United States and France.
"Embraer's logo, recognized and respected around the world and always associated with high performing and reliable products, is the fruit of the work and dedication of generations of employees throughout nearly four decades and one of our most important assets," said Frederico Fleury Curado, Embraer's President and CEO. "Its modernization results from detailed studies, preserving its visual identity and positively contributing to the growing solidity of the Company's image."

Matt Molnar
2007-08-14, 04:40 PM
Not much of a change, really.

I copied this from their press release:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1165/1118267639_2f2798fe4b.jpg

lijk604
2007-08-14, 04:47 PM
Damn, talk about creativity! :roll:

emshighway
2007-08-14, 05:24 PM
LOL, I didn't see the actual logo. If I had I probably wouldn't have bothered posting the story.

I wonder how much they paid a consultant for this one.

T-Bird76
2007-08-14, 07:00 PM
LOL, I didn't see the actual logo. If I had I probably wouldn't have bothered posting the story.

I wonder how much they paid a consultant for this one.

We are certainly in the wrong business....I can easily charge a couple 100 grand to say "make it bigger."

Matt Molnar
2007-08-14, 10:54 PM
We are certainly in the wrong business....I can easily charge a couple 100 grand to say "make it bigger."

I like how they say it's a "major improvement" and they go on and on about the "stylized E." I never even realized it's supposed to look like an E.

Nonstop2AUH
2007-08-15, 01:30 AM
Wow makes the new Qantas look revolutionary. But seriously I didn't know that plane logo was meant to be an E either. Then again, I only just realized there's an arrow in the FedEx logo and ever since I can't stop staring at it every time I see it. Damn those subliminal marketers!