PDA

View Full Version : TSA To Get New Uniforms

T-Bird76
2007-08-14, 09:26 AM
The TSA is getting new uniforms, from the looks they look much better then the white shirts they have now plus finally a real badge, hard to respect someone with a patch as a badge ;) . The story and pictures are in the link.

http://www.tsa.gov/press/happenings/tso_uniform.shtm

emshighway
2007-08-14, 10:47 AM
Yea, it was taken from recommendations from a national advisory committee within TSA. They finally realized white shirts in a dirty atmosphere equals dirty white shirts.

As far as the badges :roll: , we shall see.

I don't get one :( just my creds.

cancidas
2007-08-14, 12:29 PM
IMO, the current one isn't that bad. i agree that white shirts at an airport are a bad idea but at least they look unique and not lik e every other rent-a-cop roaming the terminal. having worn many uniforms over my life, i'd rather wear the embroidered badge than a metal one. wearing the metal badge tugs on one side of your shirt, and that's something that annoys me. i never wore my badge with my FDNY uniforms unless i was in class A's, usually was just a polo or the work shirt. those were almost as comfortable as my flight suits.

Informant
2007-08-15, 08:49 AM
Let me just say I know airport work is hard but why is it that the TSA seems to hire themost unprofessional people in the market?
I don't really visit the passenger terminals unless I'm trying to seduce an agent to letting me hop on a flight home. But it seems that every time I see one of these TSA guys they are always fooling around. Why? They carry the name of an important agency but act like asses. Thank god they only stay in the terminal.

emshighway
2007-08-15, 09:40 AM
Let me just say I know airport work is hard but why is it that the TSA seems to hire themost unprofessional people in the market?
I don't really visit the passenger terminals unless I'm trying to seduce an agent to letting me hop on a flight home. But it seems that every time I see one of these TSA guys they are always fooling around. Why? They carry the name of an important agency but act like asses. Thank god they only stay in the terminal.

Well you get what you pay for...

They are venturing out into other areas of the airport to screen employees.

So stand around all day screening, being yelled at and spit on by passengers, humping their smelly baggage and see how you feel.

I've seen plenty of ramp rats act like asses also. Doesn't make it right but it does happen.

PhilDernerJr
2007-08-15, 09:43 AM
Ramp rats lift bags. Security agents are supposed to save lives and are paid by tax dollars. Agree or not, there's a big difference.

T-Bird76
2007-08-15, 10:22 AM
I'm going to stay out of this one... hehe ;)

mirrodie
2007-08-15, 10:37 AM
So stand around all day screening, being yelled at and spit on by passengers, humping their smelly baggage and see how you feel.

TSA agents are spit on by passengers?? There's one I've never heard of. Surely the offending passengers are brought to justice, no?

I'm sorry but it seems that you defend the TSA like its your baby. There's really no need to.

I hope the new uniforms are neat and professional. As for badges, they don't need no stinkin badges.

hiss srq
2007-08-15, 10:38 AM
Cool, so now when I get gate raped it will be by people who look like smirfs in state trooper pants.

AirtrafficController
2007-08-15, 12:01 PM
Cool, so now when I get gate raped it will be by people who look like smirfs in state trooper pants.

:shock: That came out of left field.

hiss srq
2007-08-15, 02:03 PM
It was sarcasim

emshighway
2007-08-15, 04:14 PM
TSA agents are spit on by passengers?? There's one I've never heard of. Surely the offending passengers are brought to justice, no?

Sometimes but we have to rely on PAPD...

I'm sorry but it seems that you defend the TSA like its your baby. There's really no need to.
Well when your paycheck comes from them and you work with a lot of good people who get bashed for doing their job. Yea, maybe I do.

I hope the new uniforms are neat and professional. As for badges, they don't need no stinkin badges.

Badges only lead to trouble.

T-Bird76
2007-08-15, 04:19 PM

Ok had to comment on this......I bet you do so enjoy where they put those wands Ryan.

emshighway
2007-08-15, 04:20 PM

Yea, OK. Here is the link to the other frequent whiners http://flyertalk.com

I heard you requested seconds... :wink:

engine46
2007-08-15, 05:20 PM
i never wore my badge with my FDNY uniforms unless i was in class A's, usually was just a polo or the work shirt. those were almost as comfortable as my flight suits.

If you don't mind me asking, when/where did you work for the FDNY?

emshighway
2007-08-15, 08:12 PM
If you don't mind me asking, when/where did you work for the FDNY?

Me?

1984 to 1998 EMS
South Bronx, Elmhurst, Communications, FDNY HQ (OPI & Publications-WNYF) and Cumberland. Got out as a Lieutenant.

We actually wore shields even with our FDNY dress uniforms.