PDA

View Full Version : Orlando VIP movments and strange 737 (Pics) 8-11-07

SengaB
2007-08-11, 07:54 PM
This was a nice birthday present to me.
I FINALLY got a shot of the Amiri Flight A340-200 for Qatar Gvnmt. I shot it 2 or 3 times and have seen at least 5 times before when it had the State of Qatar colors on it. This one became harder to shoot since the A340-500 (A7-HHH) was aded to the Amiri fleet as flight 001. (A7-HHK) has been bumped to Amiri 003 now so its hader to shoot now. I missed it 2 years ago when I misstook the tail for A330 and didn't realize it until it was too late.
Phil spotted this one at JFK yestrday I think. Thanks bill for the heads up o the A342.

The second aircraft a 737-300 (VP-BJV) was a shock to see there. Basically no information exists about this plane. DOes anyone know where this aircraft is from?
I still dont know exactly what the titles on the plane say.
KLD?
http://www.nycaviation.com/hosting/QTA.jpg
http://www.nycaviation.com/hosting/oldqta.jpg
http://www.nycaviation.com/hosting/kld02.jpg

It appears to have a Russian flag on the forward Fuselage. Can anyone confirm where this aircraft is from?

Senga

nwafan20
2007-08-11, 08:01 PM
According to FlightAware, it was from Rochambeau.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/VPBJV

SengaB
2007-08-11, 08:27 PM
Yea it came from SOCA. I wonder what country it is from.
Those VP-*** regs are frequently generic so we can use that to tell.
Senga

LGA777
2007-08-11, 09:00 PM
Wow, I am really surprised that the "Great" Senga does not reconize this scheme. No idea what it is doing in Central Florida but this 1-2 year old Soviet Airline, KD Avia has at least 10 733's from a variety of sorces and country of reg, click on the airline name in the below photo for 164 other JP photos of this colorful airline, seen in a variety of Western European airports !

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6032471

I can't believe I know an airline that Senga doesn't. what is the world coming to ?

Nice shots buddy !

LGA777

njgtr82
2007-08-12, 12:15 AM
Nice shot of the Qatar Senga, glad I could help and that 737 has a nice scheme IMO

SengaB
2007-08-12, 04:07 PM
Ron,
Thanks for posting the info on 737. I thought maybe it was just a generic Corperate 737 but I am glad to find out that is not.
I would think it would be hard to know evey airline thats out there. I am a bit suprized that ti stopepd off at MCO instead of MIA. This is godo news. It was probably a ferry flight.

Bill,
I like the colors too. When I saw the stylized titles and the nose area I thought this looks like russian airline. Then I saw the Russian Flag.
Senga

Mayi757
2007-08-20, 05:05 PM
The KLD originated in Porto Alegre, Brazil. I passed nearby MCO on the way to S.Florida and didn't bother to see if there was anything new at MCO (doh!)

As of Sunday night the A342 was still there. Quite a few Arab VIP aircraft have passed through MCO before such as:

Saudi Royal flight L1011 - in at least 2 occasions.
Bahrain 747SP
A342 in the Cream and Green livery (whatever that is)
..and now this one :)

I'm sure there have been others as well

Not aware of MCO getting any other rare aircraft in airline liveries in a while, so it was about time! But 2 in one day!? Now that's mega-rare.

SengaB
2007-08-20, 08:57 PM
Yea thats true,
I wonder if I should be hitting MCO more often just in case.
Don't forget the Saudi 777-200 N777AS. Its been to MCO a few times.
Senga

Nonstop2AUH
2007-08-21, 02:05 AM
Despite whatever issues some may have with American culture, the Gulf Arabs absolutely love Disney. They tried to get a Disney park built in Dubai but couldn't work it out, so now they are building Dubailand which is sort of a homegrown version (they also have Wild Wadi which is more of a waterpark). Not saying the VIPs are in MCO just for the Mouse but probably as good a reason as any, they tend to spend the summers away from the heat of the Gulf, in Geneva and London, so can't imagine why they'd go to humid Florida in August except to visit Mickey & friends.

SengaB
2007-08-21, 05:33 AM
Yea if anyone happend to be out best buds is the Saudis! :)
Many of the Arab countries hit the US a lot.
I mean their planes are virtually EVERYWHERE!
Those planes are always picking up and dropping people off here and there.
Its a good thing as they bring in a lot of good planes that are not seen often.
Senga

Mayi757
2007-08-21, 06:10 PM
Oh yes that VIP 777 was another cool Arab visitor, I saw it landing about 2 months ago. MCO gets relatively few rare stuff nowadays though. And those CO maintenance hangars don't help any, since one seems to strictly do CO maint. and some Comair plus some executive jets in the other.

Now when the hangars were owned by Page Avjet back in the 90's there was often something cool. It's been so slow for rare stuff at MCO I rarely bother to drive by there anymore.

That one green VIP A342 back in 2001 or so had an Antonov Airlines AN124 tagging along. Supposedly it was for a big shopping spree that included boats.

Mayi757
2007-08-27, 09:20 PM
and yet there was another KLD that passed by MCO the other day, the day was gorgeous and I was gardening outside in the yard! < slapping myself >

it must have landed on the other runway as I looked at everyplane that passed overhead, all I saw was the same boring DL, Jetblue and WN.

SengaB
2007-08-28, 01:31 AM
Heres the link do the departure shots.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8007 (http://www.nycaviation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8007)

Senga

Mayi757
2007-08-30, 10:09 PM
An SkyExpress 737 left from OPF to Gander today, and also originally came from POA. Another nice, very colorful livery from Russia. I did have to work hard to get it and have plenty of patience (something I'm not very good at). I actually prayed this thing would leave a day late somehow, and every flight plan it did yesturday was canceled. Yes I gotta thank God for this one.

SengaB
2007-09-01, 07:57 AM
I wonder if it was the ex UAL 737 I saw a few weeks ago at OPF

Mayi757
2007-09-08, 04:53 PM
That ex- UAL was a -200, it's been sitting there at OPF for about a year. I was hoping by now it would've gotten painted into something cool, but nada. This Sky Express is an ex Varig -300 that came from Brazil. I asked one of the mechanics who works in that hangar where it was almost unshootable and he said it was getting interior work done, seats, etc.

Everything you saw in OPF has been there for years. There was an interesting pax DC-9 that passed by there recently on delivery but besides that and the Sky Express, OPF unfortunately has been dead as far as new interesting stuff (aircraft wearing airline paintschemes).

Mayi757
2007-09-08, 04:56 PM
btw now I just noticed I went from the mile high club to streaking naked on the ramp Ha Ha. Hopefully i'll be blurry running on the ramp with all this heat haze.