PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone point out anything wrong with this model?

PHL Approach
2007-08-08, 08:50 PM
Bought it the day it came out and just got it yesterday. Not exactly happy, I already want to sell it. For the first time I can say I'm not happy with a model let alone a Gemini Jets!

http://img474.imageshack.us/img474/3654/aweheritage1111fd2.jpg

PhilDernerJr
2007-08-08, 09:02 PM
All I can see is that it's missing the decal on the engine, but that's small.

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1213823/L/

PHL Approach
2007-08-08, 09:38 PM
Good catch, nah it's a much bigger problem IMO. It's a little subtle if you look at that photo to compare, but since I've seen it up close I think this model is off. I'll wait it anyone else catches it.

mirrodie
2007-08-08, 09:43 PM
Im not a big fan of smaller airbuses.

But is that a starboard engine under the port wing? That fin shouldnt be there, should it?

mirrodie
2007-08-08, 09:45 PM
In fact, both engines don't look right.

hiss srq
2007-08-08, 10:06 PM
The flag should be on the winglet if I am not mistaken, not the sunset image.

stuart schechter
2007-08-08, 10:29 PM
There is no blue stripe on the engines..

PhilDernerJr
2007-08-08, 10:34 PM
That fin is in the right spot, and the real one does not have have stripes on the engine.

Idlewild
2007-08-08, 10:34 PM
It's not an Aeroclassic or old time Big Bird.

Derf
2007-08-08, 10:57 PM
1. All window shades are up...anyplane based in AZ has at least half down in sunny weather
and when you took the shot, it was not overcast.. it was partly cloudy
2. The APU duct in the back is not round and actually has a hole in it for some weird reason
3. The foward engine cover was painted dark blue on the real aircraft....goes to show you
that the pilots are not the only ones who drink....assuming that this was originally an America West Painter.

PHL Approach
2007-08-08, 10:59 PM
Did it ever come across anyones mind that they made it WHITE!

http://www.airplanesuperstore.com/GJ683.jpg

A few emails were exchanged between their Customer Service and I. I'll post them in order.

----------

"I just received my America West Heritage (N828AW) that I ordered on Aug 1st. First thoughts of seeing it. Is that the base color on the model (which should be like a sand beige) is white. I just wanted to find out if this is a production error? Here is a photo of my model and I've attached the pre-release photo of the "model."

--------------

"Ed,

Thanks for contacting us regarding the America West US Airways model.

Our archive picture is of the sample (before the actual plane went
into service.) This was the intended color America West were to paint
it. However, the beige turned into a shade of white when the plane
was revealed - hence our release was changed accordingly.

There is nothing wrong with your model and if you look at images of
the real aircraft, the plane under normal light conditions is clearly white."

Best regards,
Will Ribeiro
GeminiJets"

---------------

"Will,

Thank you so much for getting back to me. However, I have to disagree with your statement that the aircraft was revealed by the company as white. I actually work on the Ramp for US Airways in Philly. I'm also a photographer that has shot this livery. This livery gets in a few times every month and I've actually worked it.

Needless to say, since I've seen it so close. I can say it is pretty far from white. As an employee of US Airways and a huge Gemini Jets collector (I have 15) it was a huge disappointment to see this run get out the way it did cause I know of the quality you guys produce. I can agree that the pre-release aircraft was too intense on the base color. But I feel that the release model is too white. You might have seen these, but here are two shots of it in the shop. You can see the difference of the paint vs white since in one shot there is a guy with a white shirt on (2nd shot, bottom right in front of the engine).

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/8646/awedonevd2.jpg

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/7154/awemaskedzx7.jpg

I can understand where your coming from when you say that other photos show it as having a white appearance.

Take Care,
Ed

P.S I would suggest sending a new photo to all retailers or at least notifying them to take a new photo as to not mislead potential customers such as myself."

-----------------

"Ed,

The initially intended eggshell/beige America West retro color was based on the pantone swatch that the airline supplied to us (as seen on the sample). We tried to replicate the color change as accurately as we could when it was altered when the aircraft was released. We admit the color may be very slightly different - our off-white may not be quite the same shade as the original, but since we were not able to work from an official swatch in the end, it was more challenging.

After viewing your images, I'd still say there is not as big a difference from our coloration to the original - my opinion only. However, you are correct that we should supply the corrected image of the release model to suppliers rather than the incorrect and inaccurate sample image.

I hope that the slight inaccuracy does not detract too much your
enjoyment of the model.

Best regards,
Will Ribeiro
GeminiJets"

Derf
2007-08-08, 11:07 PM
I think that you just had your white balence set wrong when you were taking the pictures and
now you just dug your hole soooo deep by that email exchange that you will never admit the
TRUTH! I have seen other shots and it IS CLEARLY WHITE. I am sorry that you are having
eye problems, but maybe Mario can help by changing the color temp in your eye to match
what the rest of the world sees. :lol: :wink:

Seriously....I would not have noticed unless I was next to it on the ramp and just ordered the
model! :wink:

Does Killroy still work for Gemini?

PHL Approach
2007-08-08, 11:15 PM
I think that you just had your white balence set wrong when you were taking the pictures and
now you just dug your hole soooo deep by that email exchange that you will never admit the
TRUTH! I have seen other shots and it IS CLEARLY WHITE. I am sorry that you are having
eye problems, but maybe Mario can help by changing the color temp in your eye to match
what the rest of the world sees. :lol: :wink:

Seriously....I would not have noticed unless I was next to it on the ramp and just ordered the
model! :wink:

Does Killroy still work for Gemini?

I don't know :roll: I took it outside and just looked at it for a while, though I took the photos during sunset on an overcast day not the best lighting. But I still disagree, all I can do is laugh when people think I'm color blind. Since I use to paint cars and mix paints for matching colors. I've talked to several other friends and they agree that the thing is not white.

What did Killroy do there? It would be really cool to work for them or Skymarks.

Derf
2007-08-08, 11:24 PM
Read my post a little closer... I was trying to be funny. I believe you 100%.

:wink:

USAF Pilot 07
2007-08-09, 12:51 AM
My guess is that the wheels were too big compared to what they would be to scale... But then again. I'm no plane super-enthusiast so maybe thats off the mark...

mirrodie
2007-08-09, 02:12 PM
I'd just make sure you dont have optic neuritis ;)

THat could account for color perception issues.

PHL Approach
2007-08-10, 01:48 AM
I'd just make sure you dont have optic neuritis ;)

THat could account for color perception issues.

Thanks Mario :wink: I'll have have to look into that

Guess what I saw today, yep you guessed it and it's refreshed my optic neuritis eyes. I can still say they f%$@ed up that color.

Derf
2007-08-10, 10:18 AM
Guess what I saw today, yep you guessed it and it's refreshed my optic neuritis eyes. I can still say they f%$@ed up that color.

:lol: It could also be that the earth went off it axis an the radial diffusion of the suns rays
as it hits the upper layer cirrus clouds in the atmosphere is causing the the light to bend
towards the reddish color, thus appearing to be an warm off whiteish color. You may want to
talk to bigma as he still has NASA's hubble in his camera bag....He should be able to confirm. :lol:

Just trying to help! :wink: