PDA

View Full Version : Scheduled an intro. flight lesson at 39N (now with report)

pgengler
2007-08-03, 11:07 AM
A couple of months ago, my girlfriend got me a gift certificate for a one-hour introductory flying lesson at Princeton Airport (39N). I let it sit around for a while, but finally decided to schedule it. So, next Saturday morning (8/11), I'm heading down to the airport to get into the air! It'll me my first time up in a GA plane in a while, and I'm definitely looking forward to it. I hope to start working toward a PPL before too long.

HPNPilot1200
2007-08-03, 11:24 AM
Cool, have fun!

MarkLawrence
2007-08-03, 12:09 PM
I'm jealous Phil!! I want to do mine too...sometime! Enjoy it!

pgengler
2007-08-13, 11:59 PM
I meant to post this earlier, but never got around to it.

My girlfriend and I woke up nice and early on Saturday and hopped into the car for the ~1 hour drive from Hoboken. The weather was beautiful (clear enough that you could see New York and Philadelphia); you couldn't have asked for a better day, especially in August and especially after how the rest of the week was. The instructor I was with, Dean, was a nice guy. We took off, did a bit of sightseeing as I tried to find my parents' house in Hamilton (unsuccessfully, though I did find some nearby landmarks), did a touch-and-go at TTN, then flew up near N51 (Solberg), where I took the controls for a while, did a little bit of (poor) VOR tracking, turns, climbs and descents. Finished that up pointing right back toward Princeton.

It was a great experience, and it's not until you're actually in the plane that you realize how different the real thing is from Flight Simulator (for one thing, the gauges tend to be a lot less...stable, and you actually feel it when you're moving the airplane).

The plane I went up in was N54084, a Cessna 172P.

Now I just need to start saving enough to get started with actual lessons. I can't wait!

nwafan20
2007-08-14, 12:01 AM
The Cessna 172 is a great plane isn't it? I love it!