PDA

View Full Version : MaxJet Switching to Terminal 4, Effective August 5th

Iberia A340-600
2007-07-26, 05:26 PM
Side by side with EOS and will certainly help some with the congestion at Terminal 1.

Terminal change in New York's JFK

MAXjet Airways is Moving to Terminal 4 in New York!
MAXjet Airways is pleased to announce effective August 5, all MAXjet flights from New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport to London's Stansted Airport will be departing from Terminal 4.

Check-in and Terminal Locations
The check-in positions will be located on the Departure Level by Door #1. There will be two kiosks and two mobile podiums. Passengers will take the AirTrain to the Terminal 4 stop to reach the new MAXjet departure gate.

About The Lounge
MAXjet Airways will be partnering with "THE LOUNGE", which is located before security on the Mezzanine Level, adjacent to the counters. It will be available for all MAXjet Passengers.

* The Lounge offers the option of a light dinner, hot and cold beverages, and liquors.
* Boarding announcements will be made promptly at 7pm in The Lounge to allow time for passengers to proceed through security to the gate.

Additional Information
Duty Free is all purchased before security. Passengers will pick up duty free at special kiosks set up in the gate area where the flight will be.

NYCMedic
2007-07-26, 05:58 PM
Good Riddance!!!!!

T-Bird76
2007-07-26, 07:03 PM
So this "Lounge" is outside the gate area? Maybe Phil can shed some light on how passengers like or dislike that. For me a lounge outside the security areas is a flipping waste of time. I'd rather relax before my flight and not have to go through the checkpoint and disturb everything on me. Hey I'm spoiled what can I say, lol Will Maxjet be using jet ramps or are they going to load via airstairs like some others? T4 is pretty packed at the time they leave.

PhilDernerJr
2007-07-26, 09:57 PM
When Swiss left T4, their lounge was bought by a company that runs nightclubs, and they named the lounge..."The Lounge". It is the same one my ailrine uses.

It's pretty nice and is used by several other airlines as well. The goal for it is to actually make is an option for even people who are not flying first or business class. You'd pay a flat fee and get the same access and unlimited drinks. I'm not sure if this has been implemented as of yet though.

I've not heard any complaints from pax who leave the lounge and have to go through security, but Biz and First Classers have their own security line anyway which is the same as the crew line....very fast.

I saw a MaxJet aircraft at a T4 gate last week or the week before. Looked very out of place. Honestly, even the hardstnads arepretty full with live flights as well at T4 these days. My only concern is that their planes will take up more space when they mx out.

USAF Pilot 07
2007-07-26, 11:02 PM
When Swiss left T4, their lounge was bought by a company that runs nightclubs, and they named the lounge..."The Lounge". It is the same one my ailrine uses.

It's pretty nice and is used by several other airlines as well. The goal for it is to actually make is an option for even people who are not flying first or business class. You'd pay a flat fee and get the same access and unlimited drinks. I'm not sure if this has been implemented as of yet though.

Yes, but will they have bottle service? That is the question....

Nonstop2AUH
2007-07-27, 03:14 AM
I think Tommy's got it right here, these days a landside lounge is almost a waste of time. Most that are still around seem to be left over from the old days of short security lines. IIRC BA moved theirs at T7 from landside to airside sometime around Y2K. Premium passengers want to either breeze through check-in and security and spend whatever time there is before boarding in a convenient airside lounge near the gate, or to skip the lounge altogether and be able to go straight from checkin to security to boarding which I believe many Eos passengers do (even though Eos offers use of the excellent Emirates lounge which is airside). You can't get too relaxed or settled into a lounge when you know you still have to walk some distance, wait on a line (in my experience at T4 the premium security line doesn't move all that fast), walk to your gate etc. Also, obviously, if there is an ongoing delay situaton it's rather difficult to wait it out in a pre-security lounge. My opinion of this landside lounge concept would improve if Maxjet were doing checkin in the lounge (Silverjet does this at Luton), but I don't see that being an option as this is not their own space.