PDA

View Full Version : Bayswater 7/22: Minor incident with Fisherman.

eric8669
2007-07-25, 07:46 AM
Went out shooting early Sunday Morning. Usually the fisherman go about their business and we go about ours. The first few fisherman that showed up I had no problems with, we said our good mornings and so forth. Around 9AM while shooting a British Airways 777 I hear "It is illegal to point your camera at the airport". I kindly informed the gentleman that it is not illegal. He goes on to insist that it is and he is going to call the cops. I tried to explain the hobby to him and even offered an NYCA postcard. After not catching anything he left, cops did not show.

Eric

NIKV69
2007-07-25, 08:03 AM
Sounds similiar to the incident we had at the mounds when some moron started in with Tommy. It was funny. He carried on like a girl stood up on a date and said he was going to call the police, they never quite arrived. It's amusing at best.

PhilDernerJr
2007-07-25, 08:59 AM
The best part is that we are the only ones at Bayswater ever catching anything.

We're also the only ones there that don't come away with escherichia coli when we DO catch something.

Good effort, Eric. :)

mirrodie
2007-07-25, 09:31 AM

THat is a great quote. Perhaps we should share that with our fishy friends ;)

Hey Phil, nice hammock you got there.

AirtrafficController
2007-07-25, 09:37 AM
I went there recently and there were a lot of fishermen and their families there. I did not have problems due to the fact that I was with my family. :D

Iberia A340-600
2007-07-25, 10:25 AM
Haven't had an issue there in a long time but when I first ventured out to Bayswater I got hell from a couple of fisherman who scared the crap out of me. You should have seen me, every time I saw a boat i ducked under that wall structure. :lol:

NIKV69
2007-07-25, 11:19 AM

So true, in the last 3 years I think I have seen 2 fish of any size worth keeping there.

You should have seen me, every time I saw a boat i ducked under that wall structure.

Why your doing nothing wrong, tell those guys to go smoke some crack and go about your business.

PhilDernerJr
2007-07-25, 11:32 AM
I would also like to say that most of those guys ARE very friendly towards us.

Matt Molnar
2007-07-25, 11:33 AM
Did he look like the guy from I Know What You Did Last Summer? Cuz then I'd be scurred.

Nonstop2AUH
2007-07-25, 02:06 PM
Hmm I've seen more than one movie plot that involves terrorists in a boat firing a shoulder launched rocket at a plane or building, maybe you guys should call the cops on them!

nwafan20
2007-07-25, 02:23 PM
Hmm I've seen more than one movie plot that involves terrorists in a boat firing a shoulder launched rocket at a plane or building, maybe you guys should call the cops on them!

A.K.A. Red Eye?

eric8669
2007-07-25, 02:46 PM
Come to think of it there were these two guys in a fishing boat that decided to go fish right next to that pier that's off of runway 4R. I believe that area is restricted.

cancidas
2007-07-25, 10:52 PM
After not catching anything he left, cops did not show.

HAHAHAHA!! for all the crap they give us, they always leave empty-handed. sad.

hiss srq
2007-07-26, 01:48 AM
I never have an issue when I go there, sometimes I go and just hang out though the camera is in hand. I like the comment Phil. Bayswater is a pretty spotter freindly area. I would doubt if some cops could find the spot anyhow though. I know it is an actual park but how many cops roam through anyhow.

Idlewild
2007-07-30, 10:27 PM
Ask 'em to show you their NYS Fishing License. Then remind them that stripers under 12" (?) are illegal and you will call PETA if they so much as keep anything under a centimeter.