PDA

View Full Version : Heard on the news but can't confirm

mirrodie
2007-07-22, 06:27 PM
I could have sworn that yesterday on cbs 880 am radio, they rported a pilot of a Comair plane landed and arreested a mother of 2 children. She was allegedly abusive to her 2 and 4 year olds by hitting and cursing at them.

Does that sounds familiar to anyone? I have yet to rad about it on the net.

Ah, found it...

http://www.reuters.com/article/domestic ... 2620070718 (http://www.reuters.com/article/domesticNews/idUSN1841582620070718)

"DENVER (Reuters) - A California mother was charged with beating her children, aged 2 and 4, on a commercial aircraft and interfering with the flight crew.

Tamera Freeman, 38, who appeared in court on Wednesday, was arrested on Monday at Denver International Airport upon her arrival on a Frontier Airlines flight from San Francisco.

An FBI affidavit quotes passengers as saying Freeman appeared intoxicated, was abusive with her children before she boarded the plane and repeatedly hit and yelled at them during the flight.

The affidavit also alleges Freeman threw a drink at the feet of a flight attendant and followed her into an aisle yelling and pointing her finger, causing the attendant, who had intervened on the children's behalf, to feel threatened.

A spokesman for the U.S. attorney's staff, which is prosecuting Freeman, said the children were handed over to a relative.

If convicted on the felony charges, Freeman faces a maximum of 20 years in prison, but under federal sentencing guidelines her sentence is likely to be much less severe."

Assuming this is true,
And while I believe in a spanking, this was I think, uncalled for and the mother was in the wrong.

USAF Pilot 07
2007-07-22, 07:32 PM
There are extremes at both ends of the spectrum.

There is a HUGE difference between being abusive towards your children and CURSING at them and appropriately punishing them through physical means.

Sounds like this was some trashy mom, who boozed up with her kids around, and is probably too lazy to discipline her children so she just beats them and curses at them...

mirrodie
2007-07-22, 07:48 PM
There is a HUGE difference between being abusive towards your children and CURSING at them and appropriately punishing them through physical means.

Oh absolutely. This touches off the other thread about the Comair diversion due to the child.

On this end, the rationale was justified and Frontier did well.

But on the Comair, so many questions remain.

emshighway
2007-07-22, 07:54 PM
Hey, maybe we can ban children :wink:

moose135
2007-07-22, 07:55 PM
Hey, maybe we can ban children :wink:

I'd vote for that :D It's like I always say "No wonder tigers eat their young."

mirrodie
2007-07-22, 08:02 PM
Now at leat that is a logical TSA suggestion :wink: :wink: