PDA

View Full Version : Unlucky engineer gets sucked into a Jet Engine.

emshighway
2007-07-13, 09:29 PM
http://www.filecabi.net/video/suckjet360.html

PhilDernerJr
2007-07-13, 09:36 PM
Looks like a Russian plane, judging by the windows. Tu-154? I know those windows from somewhere.

I wonder what went wrong. I couldn't imagine he was just hanging out over there.

I've heard stories from friends on carriers how someone would get sucked into an engine, and there's just nothing that they could do except mx and clean the engine.

PLEASE do not link to that navy engine clip that everyone's seen a million times.

T-Bird76
2007-07-13, 09:41 PM
This past weekend when I was at the Alaska MX hangar I was talking to their MX manager and he was telling me a story of a mechanic who got sucked into a 73s engine a few years ago. The man lived because of tool on his belt that stopped him from being totally sucked in. He said however the worker mentioned afterward the scariest part was not being able to breath since he air in his lungs was sucked out of him. Lucky for him the cockpit crew felt the odd vibration and shut the engines down right-away.

PhilDernerJr
2007-07-13, 10:03 PM
I'm not sure what's wrong with me, but I get a morbid feeling of fear when watching and engine turned on. The sight of such power and the danger that comes with it can be very intimidating.

cancidas
2007-07-13, 11:02 PM
this happened not to long ago at KELP with a CO 737, i've seen the pic somewhere online. i'll try to find them when i get home.