PDA

View Full Version : jetBlue to be on O'Riley on Monday

T-Bird76
2007-07-13, 08:10 PM
So its being reported that jetBlue is sponsoring a Far Leftist convention who's blog is supporting attacks on our soldiers. O'Riley is going to be reporting this on Monday. Dave Barger is interviewed about it as well, it doesn't sound very positive for jetBlue. O'Riley is on Fox New at 8 P.M, I'll be tuning in.

Here's the organization B6 is sponsoring

http://www.yearlykosconvention.org/
You will see JetBlue listed as a major sponsor of the radical left-wing ''Yearly KOS''

Its going to be interesting to see how Barger responds.

PhilDernerJr
2007-07-13, 08:19 PM
Wow, this could be big.

I can't find any evidence of these guys supported attacks on our troops though. Link anyone?

T-Bird76
2007-07-13, 08:22 PM
Wow, this could be big.

I can't find any evidence of these guys supported attacks on our troops though. Link anyone?

According to Fox it was in some of the blogs they did. I haven't looked through the site that thoroughly but I certainly am interested in seeing what FOX has to stay.

adam613
2007-07-13, 08:27 PM
Um, it looks like this is sponsored by Daily Kos, a moderate-liberal blog that has at times been more in support of our troops than the Bush Administration. Given that George Soros is a huge shareholder in JetBlue, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see them supporting the far left, but that doesn't appear to be the case here.

moose135
2007-07-13, 08:35 PM
http://www.yearlykosconvention.org/about

YearlyKos Convention - An annual convention gathering people from all walks of life who belong to the Netroots community, the US-based (but globally focused and inclusive) non-partisan grassroots political action community that uses the Internet and blogs as primary tools for: expressing viewpoints, building consensus, acting to change the status quo, mobilizing huge numbers of people and informing each other and the world about current events, grassroots actions, networks, meetings, policy and more. The YearlyKos Convention is a project of bloggerpower.org with the generous support of the Netroots Arts and Education Initiative (NAEI).

Yeah, sounds like a terrorist organization to me. Probably will be typical O'Reilly, take one little snippet of information that goes against his reactionary, pro-Bush at whatever cost mentality, and try to paint it as proof of un-American, terrorist, activity. jetBlue is one of a list of sponsors of the convention. I think I'll pass.

Nycfly75
2007-07-13, 09:45 PM
You also have the Teamsters, AFL-CIO and the American Federation of Teachers....Democratic leaning yes..extreme leftist or anti-troops I think not. But there are some organizations there I wouldnt be caught dead with, particularly one that likes to Move On. I dont see a major problem for JetBlue.

Midnight Mike
2007-07-17, 06:40 PM
I tell you, sometimes FOX news can be a bunch of jerks & really need to do their homework :x

wh2kAzfMZMQ

Jetblue was not a sponsor of the event, they were providing transportation to the event....

Mateo
2007-07-17, 08:16 PM
Jetblue was not a sponsor of the event, they were providing transportation to the event....
As, I'm guessing, pretty much every airline flying to Chicago will be also :roll:

T-Bird76
2007-07-17, 08:18 PM
I tell you, sometimes FOX news can be a bunch of jerks & really need to do their homework :x

wh2kAzfMZMQ

Yeah via ticket giveaways Mike. That's certainly a sponsorship, AA and UAL I'm sure provided some members transportation as well but not in the form of ticket giveaways. I don't think this will go far at all since FOX is the only one who decided to pick up on the story.

Midnight Mike
2007-07-19, 02:34 PM
Letter from Jetblue:

Bill O’Reilly
The O’Reilly Factor
Fox News Channel
1211 Avenue of the Americas
Lower C1
New York, New York, NY 10036-8703

Dear Mr. O’Reilly:

Please clarify for your viewers that JetBlue does not sponsor the DailyKos website (or any other website). We don't endorse views expressed by any of the 1,500 bloggers who plan to attend this Chicago conference.

Instead, our only contribution was a handful of tickets (10 total) to those attending the conference to acquaint them with our new service to Chicago. We give thousands of free tickets to hundreds of organizations annually to introduce JetBlue to the communities we serve. This should not be perceived by you as an endorsement. Just as we make FOX news (and The Factor) and 35 other channels available to the millions of customers who watch LiveTV on JetBlue, we do not imply an endorsement of everything said on any network.

Your misstatements about JetBlue may harm us and do concern our crewmembers and customers. Please take steps to correct the misperception created by your July 16th broadcast.

Thank you.

Dave Barger
JetBlue President and CEO [/quote]

Nycfly75
2007-07-19, 02:52 PM
Good for Mr. Barger. Our media, both on the left and right need to be reigned in and taken to task. They go over the top more frequently than desired.

Matt Molnar
2007-07-19, 03:14 PM
The problem is their logo appeared prominently under SPONSORS on the yearlykos convention homepage, right above a logo for HuffPost (another militant liberal blog).

I don't buy that this was a conspiracy by America-hating billionaire George Soros (who owns a little under 10% of JBLU) or that their corporate philosophy is in line with the thoughts of DailyKos writers and readers. These days the coolest idea thrown around by "marketing experts" is to get your name into online-based communities and blogs. I suspect that this was simply a bad lapse of judgment on the part of jetBlue's marketing and PR folks.

T-Bird76
2007-07-19, 03:21 PM
Good for Mr. Barger. Our media, both on the left and right need to be reigned in and taken to task. They go over the top more frequently than desired.

A ticket giveaway is most certainly a perceived endorsement of the convention regardless of how you look at it. Companies need to watch who they give freebies to; while I'm sure jetBlue openly doesn't support this website (I hope) the perception is they do. Regardless of the facts, perception in most cases becomes the reality. Working in HR for 10 years I see this all the time. Half the time you're addressing the perception and not the reality but that's the reality of bad press in this situation. jetBlue should have done a bit more research before they gave these tickets out.

The reality for me when in terms of jetBlue is they have turned into one of the worst carriers in the nation with piss poor operationally controls, customer service that has fallen apart, and polices that turn customer's away. I'm looking forward to the day their planes are repainted in Virgin America's colors.

Midnight Mike
2007-07-19, 03:47 PM
A ticket giveaway is most certainly a perceived endorsement of the convention regardless of how you look at it. Companies need to watch who they give freebies to; while I'm sure jetBlue openly doesn't support this website (I hope) the perception is they do. Regardless of the facts, perception in most cases becomes the reality. Working in HR for 10 years I see this all the time. Half the time you're addressing the perception and not the reality but that's the reality of bad press in this situation. jetBlue should have done a bit more research before they gave these tickets out.

The reality for me when in terms of jetBlue is they have turned into one of the worst carriers in the nation with piss poor operationally controls, customer service that has fallen apart, and polices that turn customer's away. I'm looking forward to the day their planes are repainted in Virgin America's colors.

Tommy

You hate Jetblue, we got it. :D

T-Bird76
2007-07-19, 04:05 PM
[quote="T-Bird76":f0e93]

Tommy

You hate Jetblue, we got it. :D[/quote:f0e93]

yes and everypost about jetBlue that I respond to will include it.

T-Bird76
2007-07-19, 08:08 PM
Well jetBlue sent a letter to Fox saying they plan on taking down their name as one of sponsors of this convention...Now if this isn't an admission of guilt I don't know what is.... Funny how they said they didn't sponsor the event yet they are clearly listed as a "sponsor."

Midnight Mike
2007-07-19, 08:35 PM
Well jetBlue sent a letter to Fox saying they plan on taking down their name as one of sponsors of this convention...Now if this isn't an admission of guilt I don't know what is.... Funny how they said they didn't sponsor the event yet they are clearly listed as a "sponsor."

Tommy

Sometimes people will list a company as an "official" sponsor, while the company has no idea about it.

It happened to me as well, here is a perfect example.

http://thehobbyquest.com/partners.htm

Hobbyquest has my company listed as a partner, which we are not, they used to have us listed as a Sponsor, luckily I found out & had them change it.

Midnight Mike
2007-07-19, 08:45 PM
Thank you for contacting JetBlue with your comment. We have been surprised and disappointed that the donation of JetBlue travel (10 tickets total) to a bloggers convention has been misinterpreted as support and/or agreement with a politically centered website we have absolutely no connection with.

As a company we take no stand on any political issues save those directly related to air
transportation issues.

From my personal perspective the issue is quite straightforward. Our marketing team made a decision to donate 10 airline tickets to an annual convention of bloggers.
JetBlue was one of 23 groups to donate items and thus ’sponsor’ the YearlyKos convention. JetBlue will have no presence at the conference or any other involvement with the YearlyKos event. We have NO INVOLVEMENT with DailyKos or anything said or represented on that website.

Our workforce of roughly 11,000 consists of a huge variety of backgrounds and belief systems. I was personally completely unaware of the existence of DailyKos prior to news connecting the YearlyKos convention and thus our airline ticket donation to DailyKos. I personally have never condoned and abhor anything hateful towards anyone and am fully confident that JetBlue’s crewmembers share this view.

We certainly hope that the sweeping generalizations connecting JetBlue to a political stand will be recognized as exaggeration and with no basis in fact.

Dave Barger

CEO, JetBlue Airways

T-Bird76
2007-07-19, 09:12 PM
Thank you for contacting JetBlue with your comment. We have been surprised and disappointed that the donation of JetBlue travel (10 tickets total) to a bloggers convention has been misinterpreted as support and/or agreement with a politically centered website we have absolutely no connection with.

As a company we take no stand on any political issues save those directly related to air
transportation issues.

From my personal perspective the issue is quite straightforward. Our marketing team made a decision to donate 10 airline tickets to an annual convention of bloggers.
JetBlue was one of 23 groups to donate items and thus ’sponsor’ the YearlyKos convention. JetBlue will have no presence at the conference or any other involvement with the YearlyKos event. We have NO INVOLVEMENT with DailyKos or anything said or represented on that website.

Our workforce of roughly 11,000 consists of a huge variety of backgrounds and belief systems. I was personally completely unaware of the existence of DailyKos prior to news connecting the YearlyKos convention and thus our airline ticket donation to DailyKos. I personally have never condoned and abhor anything hateful towards anyone and am fully confident that JetBlue’s crewmembers share this view.

We certainly hope that the sweeping generalizations connecting JetBlue to a political stand will be recognized as exaggeration and with no basis in fact.

Dave Barger

CEO, JetBlue Airways

jetBlue should have performed it due diligence when they decided to support this convention of hate, its that simply. Regardless of what Barger states jetBlue provided passage free of charge to people who may very well support the ideas of these groups. Why would they want to get involved with these people? They made a big mistake with this one. I think Fox did a fair job of reporting it.