PDA

View Full Version : 787-S0 much for having pride in your work

mirrodie
2007-07-11, 09:30 PM
Found on ebay. Has to be from a Boeing employee since the 787 Team passes are included.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Boeing-787-Dreamliner-Premier-2x-Collectable-Tin-Pass_W0QQitemZ320136038346QQihZ011QQcategoryZ419QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

PS. Stop bugging Tom for his!

Matt Molnar
2007-07-11, 09:55 PM
OMG! MAYBE HE'S A SPY FROM AIRBUS!

I'm sure there are a couple thousand people at Boeing, from janitors to secretaries, who don't really give a crap about planes, and to whom a few bucks is worth a lot more than holding on to a collector's item.

AirtrafficController
2007-07-11, 10:20 PM
cool items

Greeney
2007-07-11, 11:02 PM
I would have bought that stuff... :(

hiss srq
2007-07-11, 11:03 PM
I clicked hopeing to see it still bidding and saw 150 and said eh I will bump it 100 and see if it goes and sure enough the bid was over. I need to look harder next time.

T-Bird76
2007-07-11, 11:15 PM

I'm sure there are a couple thousand people at Boeing, from janitors to secretaries, who don't really give a crap about planes, and to whom a few bucks is worth a lot more than holding on to a collector's item.

Has nothing to do with planes at all! Its about pride in helping to building something great, something that will change the face of air travel. The people at this event with the 787 badges weren't janitors or secretaries. These were the folks who put their hands on the project, many whom worked for Boeing for many years. Some people are just opportunists, sickens me to no end. I'll never sell or give my 787 material away, it was an honor to be there.

Matt Molnar
2007-07-12, 01:08 AM
Maybe someone had access to extra schwag kits and sold a couple while keeping some for themself. Or maybe they're just *******s, as you allude to. :)

NIKV69
2007-07-12, 04:45 AM
Maybe someone had access to extra schwag kits and sold a couple while keeping some for themself.

Most likely, remember ebay=$$$

mirrodie
2007-07-12, 01:13 PM
I'm sure there are a couple thousand people at Boeing, from janitors to secretaries, who don't really give a crap about planes, and to whom a few bucks is worth a lot more than holding on to a collector's item

Its about pride in helping to building something great, something that will change the face of air travel.

As Tom mentioned, its only about pride in your work. When I worked for the LIRR, I took a bit of pride in it. IN my field now, I do the same. Some people are opportunists. you are right.

Nonstop2AUH
2007-07-12, 01:51 PM
When projects are globalized and a lot of the content is from subcontractors, as is the case with the 787 and most big projects today, it's a bit much to expect people to have the same amount of pride that they had in the pre-outsourcing, pre-globalization era. For example, Dodge will soon be selling Chinese-made cars in the US. Do you expect that Chrysler's employees here will feel proud of this, or even connected to it, the way they might have back in the 'Mopar' era? Today it's all about business, people don't want souvenirs, they want to get paid. In this case, someone wants to monetize their souvenirs.

RDU-JFK
2007-07-12, 02:06 PM

Has nothing to do with planes at all! Its about pride in helping to building something great, something that will change the face of air travel. The people at this event with the 787 badges weren't janitors or secretaries. These were the folks who put their hands on the project, many whom worked for Boeing for many years. Some people are just opportunists, sickens me to no end. I'll never sell or give my 787 material away, it was an honor to be there.

I'm curious...how did you guys get to go to this amazing event? That's so awesome!

T-Bird76
2007-07-12, 02:31 PM
[quote=GothamSpotter]OMG! MAYBE HE'S A SPY FROM AIRBUS!

I'm curious...how did you guys get to go to this amazing event? That's so awesome![/quote:6f4a4]

Without going into details it comes down to getting you're name out there, beating the pavement, contributing to the aviation community through sites like this, JP.net, volunteering you're services at no charge, and simply demonstrating you're a good character to the community. No one handed us these invitations on a silver platter.

mirrodie
2007-07-12, 03:10 PM
it comes down to getting you're name out there, beating the pavement, contributing to the aviation community through sites like this, JP.net, volunteering you're services at no charge, and simply demonstrating you're a good character to the community. No one handed us these invitations on a silver platter.

I have to second that entirely. I know I can speak for Tom when I say that when you have good, selfless intentions, intergrity and character, its amazing what can happen.

RDU-JFK
2007-07-12, 03:25 PM
it comes down to getting you're name out there, beating the pavement, contributing to the aviation community through sites like this, JP.net, volunteering you're services at no charge, and simply demonstrating you're a good character to the community. No one handed us these invitations on a silver platter.

I have to second that entirely. I know I can speak for Tom when I say that when you have good, selfless intentions, intergrity and character, its amazing what can happen.

I think I have all of those :(