PDA

View Full Version : Yay! I got a new job :)

Mellyrose
2007-07-09, 10:26 PM
Well, seems that my interviewing skills that I spoke about earlier last week (among other things) worked like a charm. I got a formal offer from a great company this afternoon. It was time for a change for me and I'm very excited about this opportunity. Wooohooo! :D

hiss srq
2007-07-09, 10:43 PM
Congrats to you Mel. I hope you find longitivity and happiness there.

nwafan20
2007-07-09, 10:54 PM
Congrats Mel! Didn't even know you were looking!

MarkLawrence
2007-07-09, 11:36 PM
Congrats Mel - doing the same kind of work?

USAF Pilot 07
2007-07-09, 11:47 PM
So I take it this will mean the end of you secretly videotaping me in the shower from across the street? ;)

But seriously, congrats! What are you going to be doing, if you don't mind going into it?

Mellyrose
2007-07-09, 11:54 PM
I'll be working at a Hedge Fund doing a lot of Marketing and Graphics work for their fundraising, and also acting as an Executive Assistant to the CFO of the firm.

The location is fabbbulous, right on Madison Ave off the N train, so my commute is great (even though the hours are longer and start earlier than my current job), and the view from the office is insane! We overlook the park and all of the Upper East and West side. :)

Mellyrose
2007-07-09, 11:55 PM
So I take it this will mean the end of you secretly videotaping me in the shower from across the street? ;)

But seriously, congrats! What are you going to be doing, if you don't mind going into it?

Not to get you too excited, but Caitlin (the model you got flustered over) works at my office with me. I bet you could secretly videotape her from your shower in my building! lol :twisted:

SoPictureThis
2007-07-09, 11:57 PM
OK missy, this means only one thing....WE DO LUNCH!!! N train runs near 23rd and 3rd, doesnt it? That's where I'm gonna live this year :D

Congratulations to you on an exciting new endeavour; I hope it proves to be all you wish.

- j

USAF Pilot 07
2007-07-10, 12:03 AM
Not to get you too excited, but Caitlin (the model you got flustered over) works at my office with me. I bet you could secretly videotape her from your shower in my building! lol :twisted:

Oh don't act like you two haven't been gawking at me ever since you moved over here... I don't blame you though, I'd do the same thing if I could look at such a sexy piece of ass everyday... 8)

Mellyrose
2007-07-10, 12:19 AM

Oh don't act like you two haven't been gawking at me ever since you moved over here... I don't blame you though, I'd do the same thing if I could look at such a sexy piece of ass everyday... 8)

Aw, we're so totally BUSTED! It was Phil's idea though...he turned us onto it.

OK missy, this means only one thing....WE DO LUNCH!!! N train runs near 23rd and 3rd, doesnt it? That's where I'm gonna live this year :D

Congratulations to you on an exciting new endeavour; I hope it proves to be all you wish.

- j

That's actually much closer to my current/old office on the 6 line! I'll be uptown now in the 60's :(

T-Bird76
2007-07-10, 01:06 AM
Congrats on the new job!

bonanzabucks
2007-07-10, 08:41 AM
That's wonderful news, congratulations! I have an interview this morning and had a few late last week. Still hoping (and praying) to hear something soon!

lijk604
2007-07-10, 09:07 AM
Congrats Mel! Good Luck to you in the new job.
Sometimes a move an be one of the best things to ever happen.

RDU-JFK
2007-07-10, 09:08 AM
Congrats, Mel!

Iberia A340-600
2007-07-10, 10:03 AM
Congrats, Mel! Sounds like an awesome new job doing something you love.

:)

Bueno Suerte!

cancidas
2007-07-10, 03:17 PM
The location is fabbbulous, right on Madison Ave off the N train, so my commute is great (even though the hours are longer and start earlier than my current job), and the view from the office is insane! We overlook the park and all of the Upper East and West side.

congrats! i'd love to see some of those views. glad you have a nice and shiny camera....

jran225
2007-07-10, 08:26 PM
Congrats on the new job Mel! Hopefully someday I'll be able to afford to live and work in Manhattan. :)

Greets,
-Omar S.