PDA

View Full Version : VIPER Teams

Gerard
2007-07-05, 06:42 PM
Federal Air Marshalls were patroling Penn Station last night wearing nice dark polo shirts with FAM on them and khaki pants. Preppy police!! LOL!!
These were the VIPER teams (Visual Intermodal Protection and Response).
I had heard they were being dispatched for the holidays and I saw white shirted TSA workers also that looked liked rent-a-cops/mall security and said to myself "Geez I hope those arent the VIPER teams".
Thankfully I was wrong.

hiss srq
2007-07-05, 06:59 PM
For security reasons I cannot reveal what the authorities of a Fed Air Marsh are but I can assure you Fed Air Mars was not patrolling the train station though TSA does technichally have the authority to work train stations and bus stations as well as airports.

emshighway
2007-07-05, 07:06 PM
The name is VIPR and yes that was them at Penn.

Wrongo Hiss :P

Well wrong except for the TRANSPORTATION Security Administration authority. Respect our Authorti!!!

hiss srq
2007-07-05, 07:08 PM
Ouch! I need to read my manuals I guess again.

emshighway
2007-07-05, 07:15 PM
They have them wearing polo shirts with the billboard:

Federal Air Marshals
POLICE

on their backs!!!

Which is probably a good idea since they are walking around with unconcealed weapons on their hips. Hopefully the PAPD and MTA will figure this out.

Art at ISP
2007-07-05, 09:35 PM
Today en route to RDU from LGA, I saw 2 FAM's wearing FAM Police shirts and sidearms in Concourse D at LGA.

I wonder if they are out in the open in the air too.......

cancidas
2007-07-05, 09:49 PM
they're all over the place now, hopefully for longer than a week. also, the national guardsmen that patrol LGA are stationed at each terminal and are outside watching traffic instead of inside watching people now.

Matt Molnar
2007-07-05, 10:00 PM
Yep, I did a double take when I saw a guy in a US Air Marshals polo at the top of the 34th and 7th escalator yesterday morning...and then TSA when I got to the bottom. I understand why air marshals are around...they're armed... but why TSA? Are they actually searching anyone?

emshighway
2007-07-06, 12:43 AM
Yep, I did a double take when I saw a guy in a US Air Marshals polo at the top of the 34th and 7th escalator yesterday morning...and then TSA when I got to the bottom. I understand why air marshals are around...they're armed... but why TSA? Are they actually searching anyone?

Just a show of force. Eyes and ears.

smoke and mirrors

PHL Approach
2007-07-06, 12:48 AM
I also saw TSA Inspectors at Market East and PHL